Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Quasimado said:

:tup Beautiful - Mulligan, Zoot, Al Cohn, Lee, Allen Eager + Freddie Green (!), Henry Grimes, Dave Bailey play Mulligan arranged by Bill Holman.

Allen's short, dark alto solo on 'Revelation' always kills me ....

:tup

Now playing:

R-2813190-1584544751-2458.jpeg.jpg

(Inspired by thread on comping.)

1 hour ago, jazzcorner said:

Interesting for me as Astrud fan. What is the label?

Thanks

I believe the label name is The Lost Reoordings. 

www.thelostrecordings.store

Sony is listed as distributer. Made in the EU and seems to be of French origin.

Edited by kh1958

28 minutes ago, bresna said:

I've been told that they are really just very nicely done boots so caveat emptor.

I don't believe these are bootlegs--they may be operating under European copyright laws but I can't imagine they would be full out bootlegs if a) Diavelet, which is a successful European high end audio brand would endanger themselves legally by being associated with the label from the inception and b) discogs.com would allow the sale of these on their website.

https://www.discogs.com/label/1363946-The-Lost-Recordings

15 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I don't believe these are bootlegs--they may be operating under European copyright laws but I can't imagine they would be full out bootlegs if a) Diavelet, which is a successful European high end audio brand would endanger themselves legally by being associated with the label from the inception and b) discogs.com would allow the sale of these on their website.

https://www.discogs.com/label/1363946-The-Lost-Recordings

I talked to someone in the reissue industry and he assured me that these releases were not legit. In fact, he was pretty positive that Getz was under contract with Verve when this recording was made in 1966. Also, the EU copyright extension ends at 1962 (the Beatles rule), so these recordings are not in the public domain there.

Okay. These are radio concerts so I think they are potentially as legit as for example the Dragon Miles Davis release; releases signed for the broadcasts seem to have provisions that bypass record company contracts. 

Not saying I ame totally convinced either way, also not completely satisified with the conclusion of an unnamed riessue industry person who is "pretty positive."

Edited by jazzbo