• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2021 at 8:28 AM, JSngry said:

71DVshnVVkL._SL1200_.jpg

61lm1tWoBmL._SL1200_.jpg

Not that I was expecting...might not be what anybody's expecting...the general audience response might be, uh, "interesting". But - there's one SEARING Wayne solo on here

Having another go with this....one song goes on waaaaaaayyyyyyy ttoooooooo lllllooooonnnnnggggggggggggg….but other than that, it's an invigorating record, not at all "crossover" like her last two might have been (although that's giving way too much credit to the current commercial landscape...)

If she does plan on having any kind of a pop carreer, in retrospect, this could be viewed as her Hissing Of Summer Lawns...but that one didn't stop Joni, and I doubt this one will stop her.

The naysayers will continue to neigh, of course they will, but this woman has an abuncance of talent and ideas, and I don't think she's anywhere near exhausting either, just as I'm sure she's nowhere near never making some bad judgemnts (that one song.....yikes....).. But here she is, and if her and Wayne are really gonna get that opera done...pay attention.

18 hours ago, JSngry said:

Having another go with this....one song goes on waaaaaaayyyyyyy ttoooooooo lllllooooonnnnnggggggggggggg….but other than that, it's an invigorating record, not at all "crossover" like her last two might have been (although that's giving way too much credit to the current commercial landscape...)

If she does plan on having any kind of a pop carreer, in retrospect, this could be viewed as her Hissing Of Summer Lawns...but that one didn't stop Joni, and I doubt this one will stop her.

The naysayers will continue to neigh, of course they will, but this woman has an abuncance of talent and ideas, and I don't think she's anywhere near exhausting either, just as I'm sure she's nowhere near never making some bad judgemnts (that one song.....yikes....).. But here she is, and if her and Wayne are really gonna get that opera done...pay attention.

71DVshnVVkL._SL1200_.jpg

Me too now, thanks to JSngry's posts.  She left me behind a few albums ago but this has something about it and that Wayne solo too. I'm only half way through so it could well be too long later