• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FULL MOON ENSEMBLE | CROWDED WITH LONELINESS | BCS_AKT | 1970 | FIRST FRENCH STEREO PRESSING S_64267 LP 

fullmoon1.jpg 
fullmoon2.jpg 
fullmoon3.jpg 

Intense Free Spiritual Jazz LP by the Full Moon Ensemble, a group led by Claude Delcloo (founder of BYG/Actuel) and members of Dharma Quintet and Cohelmec. On the first side, a young french vocalist named "Sarah", recites poems by Bob Kaufman (in french, though). I couldn't gather much more information about this young woman except that she contributed vocals on two albums of the Avantgarde combo 
Théâtre du Chêne Noir d'Avignon. Overall this LP is album is quite melodic, especially on "Sambia Miaou" (probably the melody that made this album so collectible), and covers a wide range of facets of "Free Jazz" (with great guitar playing in the vein of Sonny Sharrock). I know Delcloo wasn't and still isn't considered a great drummer, but I dig his sound on this LP. This was reissued on CD and LP by Superfly around 2013 and should still be available. 

Edited by cds23

Danny D'Imperio Quintet - 3rd Annual Jazz Gala - Disc 1 (private recording).

Danny heading up a band with Nick Brignola on baritone, soprano & alto, Frank Moser on alto, Rick Montalbano on piano & Nick Molfese on bass. Carol Leigh guests on vocals on a few tunes. Great to hear this music again. When you have so much music laying around, you sometimes forget about these private recordings you've been gifted with over the years. I'm surprised Danny never got any of this stuff out. He probably couldn't get the clearances.

Edit to add... Carol Leigh's guest on "Lover Man" is not my favorite. In some places, she sounds like a cat getting strangled.

Edited by bresna