• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally I could listen to it , since it was a birthday surprise for me from my wife 2 days ago. 
I must admit, it is specially for me, since she might listen more to something like "Cotrane meets Johnny Hartman" . 

For me it´s one of the most fascinating things I heard this year. I closed my eyes and listened carefully. 
The addition of a second bass is very interesting, like on Coleman´s "Free Jazz". 
I think McCoy Tyner left the band shortly after this. He has a great solo, but it´s the most conservative part of the suite. 
Elvin Jones is wonderful, and very very fine recorded. Also those other percussion instruments. 
Trane at his best, Pharoah Sanders also very impressive. 
Some of the best live music of the 60´s .....

Herunterladen (3).jpg

Miles Davis "Bootleg Series Vol. 3" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 edition, disc 2 (Thursday Miles unedited)

I was about to play one of my copies of "Miles Davis at Fillmore" which is like audio comfort food for me as it was one of the first LP sets I bought when I returned to America from Africa. . . and then realized I hadn't played the more recent Bootleg Series of these Fillmore Shows uncut and unedited for a spell so I put on this disc. Great sound. . . even though the different instrumental orientation in the mix unnerves me a bit at times.

3746_cover.jpg

https://www.kind-of-blue.de/bilder/coverscans/bootleg_series_vol3_bluspec/bootleg_series_vol3_bluspec_obi.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

3 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Miles Davis "Bootleg Series Vol. 3" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 edition, disc 2 (Thursday Miles unedited)

I was about to play one of my copies of "Miles Davis at Fillmore" which is like audio comfort food for me as it was one of the first LP sets I bought when I returned to America from Africa. . . and then realized I hadn't played the more recent Bootleg Series of these Fillmore Shows uncut and unedited for a spell so I put on this disc. Great sound. . . even though the different instrumental orientation in the mix unnerves me a bit at times.

3746_cover.jpg

https://www.kind-of-blue.de/bilder/coverscans/bootleg_series_vol3_bluspec/bootleg_series_vol3_bluspec_obi.jpg

That is a great set - was playing it just the other day. The Fillmore West tracks on CD1 are particularly good.

Edited by sidewinder