• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jackie & Roy "A Wilder Alias" CTI Supreme Series Blu-Spec CD.

R-9126912-1475238199-1664.jpeg.jpg

Always an interesting listen.

Bass – Harvie Swartz
Drums – Steve Gadd
Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder
Flute – Hubert Laws
Piano, Vocals – Roy Kral
Producer – Creed Taylor
Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Joe Farrell
Vibraphone – Roy Pennington
Vocals – Jackie Cain

Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou "Ethiopia Song" Ethiopiques 21 cd

11eec4e2ae6959393665d97337337fc7--music-

Every time I spin this I find more interesting aspects to enjoy. This reminds me of and evokes in a way the way that I felt when as a younger man I would play the standup piano in the empty church sanctuary at times and also when I would close myself off in a University practice room and play the baby grand. 

I didn't really take to this at first years ago but. . . it is now an adventure.

On 21.12.2021 at 8:30 AM, Gheorghe said:

I got that fantastic double CD from my wife for birthday. 

It´s great how she sometimes finds something I don´t have and probably might like.

Such a great stuff, I have listend only to the first CD and I´m bursting with enthusiasm. 

"Medieval Overture" bring memories back to those old days when this was brand new. 

Chick, Stanley and Lennie are really fantastic, and the guitarist Gambale is new here , instead of Al Di´Meola" and the biggest surprise is Jean Luc Ponty. His composition "Renaissance" is fantastic ! 

I´m looking forward hearing the second CD. 

220px-RTF_The_Mothership_Returns.jpg

Yesterday evening I was listening to the second CD and I´m just mesmerized. It´s such a fantastic concert . Unusual for RTF on the second CD they go into straight ahead on two occasions, on one Lenny White provides a kind of "Messenger Beat" like Blakey. 
The most beautiful thing is the medley "Concierto de Aranjuez/Spain".  

I heard there is also a DVD about that concert. My DVD-player is "kaputt". We´ll get another one after the Winter Holidays and will buy it. RTF with Jean Luc Ponty for me, and "Swan Lake " balet for my wife (but also for me, since we saw it live with the Bolșoi  ballett (Lacul Lebedelor =  Lake of the Swans" and loved it, and maybe she would agree to look at "my" RTF" also....". 

Edited by Gheorghe