• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim Cullum Jazz Band "Porgy 'n Bess" (the studio album, I also have the 2 cd live set). 

Jim was a real jazz personna in the San Antonio/Central Texas area. I saw him a handful of times and it was always a joy. He mastered the Chicago Style!

61ZWteCtdGL._SX300_.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

Oh yes ! And, how do you like it ? 

Well, I know there's been a controversial discussion about Higgins here recently, but I'd have been happier with another drummer. I don't think his insistent accenting suits the mainly simple lines of Dexter. Unlike you, I found Harewood's drumming just right on Doin' Allright. Next I'll be listening to Dexter Calling to see how I feel about Philly in this context.

2 hours ago, BillF said:

:tup

Now playing:

71HYXlfmuyL._AC_SX679_.jpg

:tup

Now:

Live at Bradley's II: The Perfect Set: Kenny Barron Trio: Amazon.ca: Music

3 hours ago, aparxa said:

P2_G6343509W.JPG

Love this recording.

:tup:tup

15 minutes ago, BillF said:

Well, I know there's been a controversial discussion about Higgins here recently, but I'd have been happier with another drummer. I don't think his insistent accenting suits the mainly simple lines of Dexter. Unlike you, I found Harewood's drumming just right on Doin' Allright. Next I'll be listening to Dexter Calling to see how I feel about Philly in this context.

I love Kenny Clarke's playing on "Our Man in Paris". Perfect drumming for Dexter IMHO. 

I've had many copies of Miles Davis "Nefertiti" in various formats but this Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab SACD sounds the very best.

This LP cover always confuses me as it seems to me this one should be for "Sorcerer" and that one should be for "Nefertiti!" It always jars me a bit too that Herbie Hancock is in the right channel.

Love this music!

miles-davis-nefertiti-2lp-180g-vinyl-mfs