• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still have my LP of this session which I bought when it was still fairly a new release, but this SHM-SACD is free from decades of wear and sounds very nice (I think it sounds right with my DAC in "Out" phase).

Just such great music. This is where I heard Flora Purim and said "Wow" and followed her everywhere in that decade. 

Such a killer release. . .important in my listening life.

Chick Corea "Return to Forever" ECM-Universal Japan SHM-SACD

61NRBhnXw4S._SL1179_.jpg

ZWc.jpegZWc.jpeg

There's a line between too much and just right, and it fascinates me how nobody here seems to care on which side they're on at any given time. Suffice it to say that when the trifecta of Hampton/Sebesky/Maiden got busy on both sides of the paper, a bit more attention to that got paid and that's why the Roulette set (and the Cameo & Mainstream records that followed). But this one here in not unlistenable at all, far from it. It's just a bit...splattery in terms of dynamics.

Some good soloing, too!

5 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

As I'm new to Perelman, what would you say differentiates this one? Is it Shipp you think? He brings a lot to the table here. 

It just seems more focused & compositional to me than the few others I've tried. Could be Shipp's influence. Not sure. He's done others with Shipp, but this one just resonated more with me.

Edited by jlhoots

"Charles Mingus in Paris--The Complete America Sessions" disc 1

1e2f5a922b9758a2cc863fbef4ada87e.jpg

The albums "Blue Bird" and "Pythecanthropus Erectus" are on this disc, recorded October 31, 1970 in Paris for America Records.

Charles Mingus - bass
Eddie Preston - trumpet
Charles McPherson - alto saxophone
Bobby Jones - tenor saxophone
Jaki Byard - piano
Dannie Richmond - drums

Edited by jazzbo

5 hours ago, bresna said:

Previously unissued. Nice CD too.

ZWc.jpeg

Appears to be inexpensive for you too: https://www.discogs.com/release/8319929-Stan-Getz-Bossas-And-Ballads-The-Lost-Sessions

Thank you for the Info.

As a Getz fan I have to get that Item pretty fast here in Germany

;-]]

Edited by jazzcorner

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

ZWc.jpegZWc.jpeg

There's a line between too much and just right, and it fascinates me how nobody here seems to care on which side they're on at any given time. Suffice it to say that when the trifecta of Hampton/Sebesky/Maiden got busy on both sides of the paper, a bit more attention to that got paid and that's why the Roulette set (and the Cameo & Mainstream records that followed). But this one here in not unlistenable at all, far from it. It's just a bit...splattery in terms of dynamics.

Some good soloing, too!

Excellent - have the  RCA vinyls