• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 28.1.2022 at 4:14 AM, Dub Modal said:

cGVn.jpeg

Excellent trio record. Patitucci is ridiculous on bass. 

On 26.1.2022 at 11:54 PM, HutchFan said:

Back to this disc:

ZWc.jpeg

Sonny Rollins - Old Flames (Milestone, 1993)
Wonderful.

It sure must be ! 
It is possible that I don´t have all Milestones, since especially in the early 90´s a didn´t have much time for music, I was doin a second job to my main job, was fallin in love with the girl who became my wife....
Now I´m listening more to the live albums, but this here sure is fine, ballads I suppose.

Paul Ramsey holds a pocket like an upright player on the straight-ahead stuff plus is TOTALLY on the one for funk beats. Hella fine player, hope he is alive and, if so, well.

These Chico records sound and feel like "small club" music. No sense in doing ginormous festival venues or shit like that, go like back in the day with neon lights on the wall (and some of them being beer brands), low ceilings, tables right up on the edge of the bandstand, maybe a small dance floor, and don't forget to tip your waitress. That kind of vibe, like, for jazz, doesn't really exist any more. Places to go hang while you get off on some groovy (but not stupid) jazz.

If you've been there, you know what I mean. and if you haven't....use your imagination and have some Champale or some Hennessey. Just show that you got style and class, even if for that moment. But you probably do, all the time.

And don't forget to tip your waitress.

2 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Paul Ramsey holds a pocket like an upright player on the straight-ahead stuff plus is TOTALLY on the one for funk beats. Hella fine player, hope he is alive and, if so, well.

These Chico records sound and feel like "small club" music. No sense in doing ginormous festival venues or shit like that, go like back in the day with neon lights on the wall (and some of them being beer brands), low ceilings, tables right up on the edge of the bandstand, maybe a small dance floor, and don't forget to tip your waitress. That kind of vibe, like, for jazz, doesn't really exist any more. Places to go hang while you get off on some groovy (but not stupid) jazz.

If you've been there, you know what I mean. and if you haven't....use your imagination and have some Champale or some Hennessey. Just show that you got style and class, even if for that moment. But you probably do, all the time.

And don't forget to tip your waitress.

On Believe, the song Christina really features Ramsey's bass. I don't see any further credits beyond Chico's 2014 The Inquiring Mind.