• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

Flora Purim "If You Will"

9356905-l.jpg?v=1652275008

Quite nice. Background vocals on several songs are arranged in a way that brought Monday Michiru immediately to mind.

That's on my to-get list.  :tup 

More Dexter:

71qCnvREHmL._SL550_.jpg

and Dinah:

OTMtNjEwNy5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by HutchFan

715eIXAmsxL._AC_SL600_.jpg

Real Gone Music reissue

53 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

I dig these guys but have only heard Telecommunication. 

IMO, they were at their best in the first half of the 1980s.  Album-wise, that covers:

• Telecommunication
  • Cascades
  • Rapid Transit
  • Flame
  • Spectrum 

Just like Flame & Spectrum (in my post above), Milestone reissued both Cascades & Rapid Transit on a single CD.  

Also, you might want to look into José Roberto Bertrami's solo discs from around this same time: Blue Wave and Dreams Are Real.  These two are every bit as good as his records with Azymuth.  Maybe even a little bit better.

Edited by HutchFan

I am currently working on producing a nice digital copy of the Dave Brubeck Quartet's 1968 release "The Last Time We Saw Paris", in mono.  This was at the time the last recording released of the classic quartet, with Eugene Wright, Joe Morello, and of course Paul Desmond.  All of the commercial releases that I have seen are "fake" stereo, that is rechanneled from the original mono source.  Only the white label promo release is mono.  The album has never been released on CD, though one of the 6 tracks was included on a compilation CD set.  The release came so late in the transition from mono to stereo at Columbia that there was no mono (CL) release sold, and the promo still has the stereo (CS) number and sleeve.

https://www.discogs.com/release/8253677-The-Dave-Brubeck-Quartet-The-Last-Time-We-Saw-Paris

Brubeck Last Time Paris Mono 2.jpg

Edited by may1620