Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

SFJazz Collective "Original Compositions and Works by Wayne Shorter" disc 341zrRH7owEL.jpg

Since Bobby Hutcherson was a founding member of that group, I'm still sort of surprised -- and disappointed -- that they haven't selected Hutcherson as one of the composers that they focus on for a season.  They've done Wayne and Herbie.  Why not Hutch?!?

I realize that Hutcherson isn't as well known for his compositions as those guys -- but one could easily come up with a varied and interesting list of his works that would be fascinating to hear.  

IMO, of course. 

Edited by HutchFan

12 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Since Bobby Hutcherson was a founding member of that group, I'm still sort of surprised -- and disappointed -- that they haven't selected Hutcherson as one of the composers that they focus on for a season.  They've done Wayne and Herbie.  Why not Hutch?!?

I realize that Hutcherson isn't as well known for his compositions as those guys -- but one could easily come up with a varied and interesting list of his works that would be fascinating to hear.  

IMO, of course. 

I'd welcome that and who knows, maybe one day. I honestly enjoy their original compositions on these recordings most.

Miles Davis "Miles in Berlin" Sony SR 9708. DSD mastered lp facsimile cd.

20150823_45ce10.jpg

One of the first recordings of Miles with Wayne in the Quintet. I love this version of "Autumn Leaves". . . there was an energy wth this new person in the group that comes through, and this mono recording is nicely balanced.