• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

172823.jpg

who is on it ? Quartet sounds good, I have some quartet things of him from late 40´s early 50´s , I think that stuff like Long Island Sound or so, very fine, early Prestige I think. With whom Getz would play for the Verve label (I have only few Verve albums at all, I think I have "Musicians Only" feat. Getz with Stitt and Diz), but the rhythm section is not really doin much. I don´t know for what they needed Herb Ellis, and I can´t hear the drums....

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

The Swingle Singers – Going Baroque (Philips, 1964)R-2120516-1265137178.jpg

I'm not sure whether it is too early to make this call, but I think that this record is the future of jazz.

why do you think this reccord is the furture of jazz ? I doubt I´d get a gig here in town  if I´d play that kind of music

Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 7 "That's What Happened, 1982-1985" Blu-Spec CD2 disc 1, again

298.jpg

Enjoying disc 1 of this set so much more than I expected that I am playing it again. Mine is the Blu-Spec CD2 version from Japan that does not come in a clam-shell box as the US does, but in a 3 cd Fat Boy jewel case with a paper outer sleeve, closer to the format of the other series releases.

Sound is very good.

Edited by jazzbo

3 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 7 "That's What Happened, 1982-1985" Blu-Spec CD2 disc 1, again

298.jpg

Enjoying disc 1 of this set so much more than I expected that I am playing it again. Mine is the Blu-Spec CD2 version from Japan that does not come in a clam-shell box as the US does, but in a 3 cd Fat Boy jewel case with a paper outer sleeve, closer to the format of the other series releases.

Sound is very good.

I was pleasantly surprised by disc 1 as well and listened to it 3 times over the weekend.  I regret not buying the Japaneses version as the US releases has below average packaging.  

The first Santana release, this time the Mobile Fidelity Labs SACD version (last time was the new SACD/stereo and quad version from Japan). This Mobile Fidelity version is definitely warmer and "thicker" sounding, the Japanese Sony is far more lively sounding. Both are great listens.

143302-a.w610.h610.fill.jpg

Edited by jazzbo