So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

17b7d5_6170423a2b9c4784b8ca7986090d29d2~

Barney Wilen "Essential Best" Venus Records.  Great great music. . . mastered in the typical Venus "way too loud" manner unfortunately.

Followed by
Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 7 "That's What Happened, 1982-1985" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 disc 3

A great concert recorded in Montreal. Really this one shouldn't have been kept under wraps so long.

o0400040015168518270.jpg

8552e8e7a0cb99491595492c5f3e5d75.jpg

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Gary Burton & Keith Jarrett" Atlantic/WEA Japan cd

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

I think this was the first non-solo piano album I bought of Jarrett's back in the day. I still have the LP but this cd sounds better. I just love the tunes, the "bounce" of the groove, and Sam Brown's playing.

Edited by jazzbo

5 hours ago, jazzbo said:

17b7d5_6170423a2b9c4784b8ca7986090d29d2~

Barney Wilen "Essential Best" Venus Records.  Great great music. . . mastered in the typical Venus "way too loud" manner unfortunately.

Followed by
Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 7 "That's What Happened, 1982-1985" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 disc 3

A great concert recorded in Montreal. Really this one shouldn't have been kept under wraps so long.

o0400040015168518270.jpg

8552e8e7a0cb99491595492c5f3e5d75.jpg

I was going to skip the Miles - BUT you're making me change my mind.

18 hours ago, mikeweil said:

MDktNTg5OC5qcGVn.jpeg

17 hours ago, BillF said:

:tup

I love it, especially those quartet sides with Al Haig who is incredible strong on the two ballads. The only annoying thing on my copy is that there are numerous alternate takes of the tunes. But the best Wardell Gray I ever heard is on a Xanadu album I think with Hampton Hawes live in a club, and maybe the very very first choice if I want to hear fantastic Wardell Gray is that Charlie Parker live album "The Happy Bird" . It´s so good that sometimes I must say confidentially that there are times I listen more to Gray´s solos especially on "Scrapple" and on "Lullaby in Rhythm" if I remember well....... 

There was an incredible memory I had with it in the early 90´s when I still had to make "naveta" (Pendeln ?) between AT and RO and would drive all night long (no highway then after the last town in Eastern Austria !!!!) and around 2 o clock in the night I was really tired when I reached the last town in Hungary before the Borderline and it was still those cassete decks in the car and coincidally it was that "Happy Bird" record with Wardell Gray on it and immdediatly I was "hell wach" :D

7 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

7135f-AAOBL._AC_UY218_.jpg

1 hour ago, BillF said:

:tup

Now playing:

ab67616d0000b2731a208da7cb9d210f326af52c

Una Mas is one of my favourite KD´s and sure my favourite on his 60´s BN. There was a time when I always did Una Mas live if it was a joint that otherwise was not strictly jazz, and catchy as this tune is, the audience , among them very much youngsters loved it.