JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

41,651 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

That's cool. I think Peter wrote "Disc. 1" in error, I know of no two cd version. The XCRCD24 sounds fantastic, but the RVG sounds really good as well. Nice session.

Lon, I think I’ve gotten to the point where I’m happy with the sound I have although the XCRCD24 probably sounds a little better. 

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

R-11226514-1512255932-9913.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

R-1213802-1345452621-9839.jpeg.jpg

Top Sonny!

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Lon, I think I’ve gotten to the point where I’m happy with the sound I have although the XCRCD24 probably sounds a little better. 

I can understand that. I've gone into deep audiophile land and listening to different masterings can inform me how to get better sound from my system, which I enjoy, so I like to listen to different editions as well as entirely new material.

I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't even know about this set until I read the recent bio of Norman Grantz. There is definitely some interesting music on it. It's the cd release, of course. The original 78 set on ebay is just a mite bit...spendy!

the jazz scene.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter Friedman said:

91cOwLJ22LL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Thanks, Peter...  Charlie's one of those really good, under-recognized local journeymen/sideman.  Knows every tune, plays in any key.

Here's a lovely new release...

TrioLiveAtCotaCover-800x800.jpg

1 hour ago, gmonahan said:

I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't even know about this set until I read the recent bio of Norman Grantz. There is definitely some interesting music on it. It's the cd release, of course. The original 78 set on ebay is just a mite bit...spendy!

the jazz scene.jpg

I learned about this early in my jazz education from Phil Schapp. It’s been years since I listened to it. 

Infinite Spirit Music: Live Without Fear ( Jazzman CD version)

Unbenannt.png

Fulfilling reacquaintance ....

346d9c577a.jpg

More Dolphy requiered ....