• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, JSngry said:

41TCRRFYDRL._SX300_.jpg

This is a good record too, albeit in so many different ways as to make comparisons as irrelevant as they are unnecessary (or vice-versa?).

I like to come back to this ever year or so for a few reasons, the foremost of which is that I like it a lot, but the second is to find the bottom/back of Spector's Wall. No luck to date! Plus, I just like thinking about Hal Blaine playing on all those LA pop records and never being less than a total boss. AFAIK, Spector never doubled him, never had to, just put him there and let him be Hal Blaine.

If Hal Blaine & Randy Weston can't be appreciated for the unique triumphant human accomplishers they are, totally different except for being total badass accomplishers of their own abilities and ambitions then humanity is spiritually slow-fucking itself into extinction.

And oh yeah, the post "Waling In The Rain" records are really interesting, period.

Plus you have the lovely Veronica kicking errybody’s ass.

9 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Gene Bertoncini "Jobim--Someone to Light Up my Life" 

maxresdefault.jpg

Bertoncini used to do a regular Western Canada Summer season each year gigging around town, usually with bass accompaniment. Caught him once or twice - should have done so more often. An excellent player.

Edited by sidewinder

R-12336064-1533178789-4404.jpeg.jpg

Sometimes it hits a groove, sometimes not. When it does, it's a for-real party. And when it doesn't, it's just plain lonesome, there's a band and there's all this reverb, and it's like there's a band there, but they're not there, they're just in that reverb without a way in or a way out, just lonely, lonely and lost, The Band That Plays The Blues indeed.

152087583597.jpg

Excellent production. Excellent, but totally disconnected from the songs and the singer. E for effort, F for fail.

Too bad.

ok, the last 3 cuts or so are actually pretty good. why they buried them at the end of the record...who knows?

wow...