JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

31,952 posts in this topic

Wow, I'd forgotten about the back cover.

Masahiko Togashi (Steve Lacy, Kent Carter): Spiritual Moments

Posted (edited)

81s2M1TpOkL._SS500_.jpg

Paul Kogut - Know It?  I Wrote It!: This is a fun organ trio date.  I've had it for a few years and have been hoping Kogut would play in Cleveland.

Edited by Justin V

0108025.jpg

Closing the night with Mr. Natural, with Lee Morgan, McCoy Tyner, Bob Cranshaw, Elvin Jones and Ray Barretto.  This set is propelling itself to among my favorite Mosaics already.  Every single session has an inspired lineup.  

4 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

51y9zYmB6XL._AC_UL436_.jpg

Good one ....

MI0000354059.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Earlier .... :

00602537952410-cover-zoom.jpg

Unbenannt.png

Beloved platter ....

16 hours ago, Justin V said:

0108025.jpg

Closing the night with Mr. Natural, with Lee Morgan, McCoy Tyner, Bob Cranshaw, Elvin Jones and Ray Barretto.  This set is propelling itself to among my favorite Mosaics already.  Every single session has an inspired lineup.  

I've been listening to every session twice before moving on, so I am listening to this one again.  :wub:

MI0001674059.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Brings back good memories of being sat directly under JJs ‘bone at another NYC club whilst he was playing much of this material.

R-1716210-1238859004.jpeg.jpg

Mulatu Astatke / The Heliocentrics ‎– Inspiration Information

R-1367570-1430431486-9524.jpeg.jpg

81vglqkDHuL._SS500_.jpgback.jpg

Those four Stanley Turrentine tracks -- the surprising thing is they do not all originate from some Bacharach tribute album he made.  No, they come from four totally different albums!  Clearly and perhaps surprisingly, Mr. T. had an affinity for the musical world of Mr. B.  (McCoy Tyner is on 3 of the 4 Turrentine tracks, so perhaps even way back then the seeds were being sown which would eventually result in his own Bacharach songbook album.)  This is a groovy compilation,  While nothing here would be considered among any of the given performers' "classic" material, these are generally fun performances.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

81vglqkDHuL._SS500_.jpgback.jpg

Those four Stanley Turrentine tracks -- the surprising thing is they do not all originate from some Bacharach tribute album he made.  No, they come from four totally different albums!  Clearly and perhaps surprisingly, Mr. T. had an affinity for the musical world of Mr. B.  (McCoy Tyner is on 3 of the 4 Turrentine tracks, so perhaps even way back then the seeds were being sown which would eventually result in his own Bacharach songbook album.)  This is a groovy compilation,  While nothing here would be considered among any of the given performers' "classic" material, these are generally fun performances.

Stanley lso did  nice version of Look of Love.

Edited by danasgoodstuff