JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

34,150 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kh1958 said:

Tom McDermott and Evan Christopher, Danza (STR Digital Records)Image result for tom McDermott Evan Christopher danza

Love it. 

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

717OmkL5I6L._SX500_.jpg

Excellent ....

11 hours ago, medjuck said:

Love it. 

I was very fortunate to see Tom McDermott and Evan Christopher perform as a duo at this year's New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. 

513roXKjiFL.jpg

More late(r) Bud .... more pleasure ....

7 minutes ago, soulpope said:

513roXKjiFL.jpg

More late(r) Bud .... more pleasure ....

Nice one!

9 minutes ago, Peter Friedman said:

61-dCXf8CQL._AC_UL436_.jpg

:tup

Now playing:

R-2927183-1307688401.jpeg.jpg

R-5485917-1398302776-5752.jpeg.jpg

Disc 1, Session A: I found Discs 1-6  for a great price on eBay last year.  I'll probably never own the whole set unless I sell the physical discs to finance the download purchase.  At any rate, I'm happy to at least have such a healthy chunk of prime Jamal.  

3 hours ago, Justin V said:

R-5485917-1398302776-5752.jpeg.jpg

Disc 1, Session A: I found Discs 1-6  for a great price on eBay last year.  I'll probably never own the whole set unless I sell the physical discs to finance the download purchase.  At any rate, I'm happy to at least have such a healthy chunk of prime Jamal.  

Treasure trove ....

9 hours ago, soulpope said:

Unbenannt.png

This one has a special meaning to me since Art Pepper played a festival gig in Austria during that period, and on the playing list was his famous version of "Your´s my heart only". I heard another version of it on the Croydon Concert also 1981. I think those two "widow´s taste" albums are wonderful. 

I think, on the Austrian gig Pepper had to play with Stan Getz´s rhythm section, I don´t know exactly what had happened that he didn´t have his usual rhythm section. 

14 hours ago, soulpope said:

0078635142327_600.jpg

So good ....

Especially for his version of "There will never be another you". He is great on that, wonderful block chords. He played it again in Paris at BlueNote in 1961 of 62 with Pierre Michelot and Kenny Clark. Both versions are great.