JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

32,421 posts in this topic

Freddie Roach, "Good Move" Blue Note Japan 2019 cd. Blue Mitchell and Hank Mobley in the front line. This one has been out of print on cd for. while.

92396150.jpg

51ylmOLxj8L._SX425_.jpg

Bill Heid - Dark Secrets: This one is not to be missed by organ fans.  Even his comping is fantastic!  I wish he'd return to Cleveland, but I'd travel to his hometown of Pittsburgh to catch him again.

Posted (edited)

MI0000125568.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

George Mraz - My Foolish Heart (Milestone, 1996)

Beautiful trio record with Richie Beirach & Billy Hart

Edited by HutchFan

Billy Eckstine Rasio on Pandora. Thumb up all the Eckstine and Prysock, skip the Ella that doesn't have Louis, and let the algorithm handle the rest.

71teg1zFcNL._SY355_.jpg

Still one of my favorite Sinatra albums.  FS was in his prime and every track here works flawlessly.  The album works especially well because Billy May's arrangements dance on their own.  This is one instance where I think the album works best by itself.  The CD bonus tracks pale in comparison, even the duets with Keely Smith.

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

41-%2B8Ifw6RL._SY500_.jpg

Very good indeed ....

Posted (edited)

Image result for david hazeltine blues quarters vol.2

Image result for billy drummond dubai

3 hours ago, duaneiac said:

71teg1zFcNL._SY355_.jpg

Still one of my favorite Sinatra albums.  FS was in his prime and every track here works flawlessly.  The album works especially well because Billy May's arrangements dance on their own.  This is one instance where I think the album works best by itself.  The CD bonus tracks pale in comparison, even the duets with Keely Smith.

Great record. My folks had this and Songs For Swinging Lovers and I had an almost daily dose, so much so that I've memorised a lot of the lyrics. I think my mom used to be one of the Frank obsessed teeny boppers.

I have all the Capitols and agree about the so called bonus tracks, they are something I can well live without.

Edited by kinuta

Q: What is jazz music?

Mingus: I don't know...and I don't care.

a7de39ca89db5adc519fade8d4ae22efd02715d9

A bit of a change..

15 hours ago, BillF said:

515-7JyjftL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2C

:tup (naturally)