So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

2 hours ago, mikeweil said:

41jOIPLr7uL.jpg

The title is "Giant Steps" in French - she wrote her own French lyrics, inluding the solo. Excellent disc.

Back in May, JazzWax had a column on Hank Mobley in Vocalese where she and several artists were featured. They were all good but I was impressed by her. I've sampled some of her work that she's posted on YouTube. Good stuff. 

• Replies 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curtis Fuller "The Opener" Blue Note Japan RVG lp facsimile cd. Over the years improving my system has made me really appreciate this series of releases from Japan. This month and last I purchased a few dozen of the most reasonably priced I could find that I did not have yet. 

AMMJ_1567__64973__02222010023723-2450.jp
Edited by jazzbo

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

R-4957368-1431110406-8995.jpeg.jpg

R-4957368-1431110414-6532.jpeg.jpg

There ya' go.

Willis Jackson & Pat Martino together are always potent.

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I was at that session.

Where's the ENVY emoticon??? 😉

NP:

71JS%2B2XAecL._SX500_.jpg

The first of Basie's and Peterson's two-piano, small-group collaborations for Pablo. IMO, it's also the best of the series -- due in no small part to the subtle but swinging presence of Freddie Green, who does not appear on the other releases.

Another Blue Note Japan RVG LP facsimile cd, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers "At the Jazz Corner of the World, Vol. 2." This features a great Blakey unit with Morgan and Mobley captured in great sound.

R-1248442-1327361991.jpeg.jpg

I followed this with a great cd from Eliane Elias, "I Thought about You: A Tribute to Chet Baker"

Kiss92DJ-Claressa-Monteiro-Shares-Her-Cl

Listening to Eliane Elias "I Thought about You" again as it sounds so good and suits my mood today. Makes me think of my lovely wife who came into my life "Just in Time."

Followed by
41KC8TFZYPL.jpg 
Dizzy Reece "Blues In Trinity" Japanese Blue Note RVG LP facsimile edition cd. I've always liked this one and this is the best sounding version on my system.

Edited by jazzbo