Posted Images

18 hours ago, JSngry said:

81JC3YxvBkL._SS500_.jpg

Another sweeeeet B&B disc.

Al Grey & Jimmy Forrest together is always a trip worth taking. :tup

Earlier:

41d1Hf4uxYL._SY495_.jpg

32 Jazz CD edition; originally released on Muse

Barron never quite seems comfortable with the 70s-electric-jazz idiom. His music flows so much more naturally when he's at the piano. You hear that stark contrast here, as Barron switches back and forth between electric kybd and a piano on each track.

NP:

51UpDNW3z5L._SY495_.jpg

Cobham, on the other hand, is completely at home in electric jazz. I think Crosswinds is the best record he's made.

Duke Ellington "Midnight in Paris" CBS France cd. 

I always liked this session. Has that bit of sloppiness I love about the Ellington band. . . they're well lubricated and having fun.

Right now Ray Nance is playing violin and it's always a pleasure to hear Ray Nance.

480014.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

16 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

In Tune

I wouldnt say I´m a big Oscar Peterson fan but I like those recordings, where he´s more a Team player than the super super vituoso. Like let´s say the old Verve´s "We Get Requests" and "Night Train", they are beautifully relaxed little abums. 

And this one I like very much. I think it was very very much en vogue when it came out, since the Singers Unlimited were very very popular. 

And it was when I was in high School, all of them hummed that "Sesame Street". But all tunes are great, the then very much en voghe slow bossas like "Gentle Rain", "Shadow of your Smile", and the outstanding "It never entered my mind". 

I had the record in the 70´s , but somehow later sold it when i thought, it´s not so hip to have Oscar Peterson albums, but later my wife bought me the CD for Chrismas. A Beautiful record ! 

One Ellington leads to another, which often happens. 

A single disc from that '56 to '62 Columbia period snags me into a long series of disc after disc of Ellington at times. Not a bad thing to happen.

Right now
Disc 2 from the "Ella & Duke at the Cote D'Azur," Verve cd.

MI0002757902.jpg?partner=allrovi.com