JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

39,551 posts in this topic

51tMrrvkFjL._SY400_.jpg

Disc 1: Beyond its historical value, this is really fun music.

Edited by Justin V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-475876-1262860863.jpeg.jpg

Irakere - Chekeré Son (Milestone)

 

51fqy+9VmlL._SS300_.jpg

Grupo Irakere (Areito)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

R-475876-1262860863.jpeg.jpg

Irakere - Chekeré Son (Milestone)

Goodie originally released on JVC Japan in 1979 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BillF said:

?format=750w

The cover I first knew it in.

Very fine the Miles and Brass. I also listened to it recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Very fine the Miles and Brass. I also listened to it recently

Wonderful selection of tunes, too.

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

R-3692556-1340584403-1492.jpeg.jpg

Lovely! Surely Oscarphobes can accept this one! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillF said:

Wonderful selection of tunes, too.

Lovely! Surely Oscarphobes can accept this one! ;)

Yeah, if it get´s too pianistic it´s not really my stuff. Oscar with others is nice. And the few Oscars that just swing in an easy manner like "Night Train" or "We Get Requests". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51tMrrvkFjL._SY400_.jpg

Disc 2: A good way to start the day's listening (and get my toddler to dance during breakfast).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to spend the day with my Dad. This is a good send off! "Lonely Woman" will remain a timeless classic.

Ornette Coleman "Shape of Jazz To Come" Warner Japan cd.

R-5245666-1438947228-6715.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Off to spend the day with my Dad. This is a good send off! "Lonely Woman" will remain a timeless classic.

Ornette Coleman "Shape of Jazz To Come" Warner Japan cd.

R-5245666-1438947228-6715.jpeg.jpg

It´s really a conincidence, I´m also listening to Ornette Coleman right now. 

Download (4).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51jvdoovu6L._SY500_.jpg

This is a very fine compilation of Ford's 1980s recordings for Muse. I dig Ford's Rollins-derived (but not slavish) sound. ... Since first hearing this CD years ago, I've tracked down most of Ford's LPs that the compilation draws from. Sadly, I don't think those records have ever been reissued in any digital format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

51jvdoovu6L._SY500_.jpg

This is a very fine compilation of Ford's 1980s recordings for Muse. I dig Ford's Rollins-derived (but not slavish) sound. ... Since first hearing this CD years ago, I've tracked down most of Ford's LPs that the compilation draws from. Sadly, I don't think those records have ever been reissued in any digital format.

Some mighty fine Ricky Ford work on the early Kip Hanrahan releases (f.i " Desire Develops An Edge") ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Some mighty fine Ricky Ford work on the early Kip Hanrahan releases (f.i " Desire Develops An Edge") ........

Thanks for the heads-up, sp.  Will investigate. :tup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e71e665ec8.jpg

Buster Williams (!!) ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41DD521MF6L._SY400_.jpg

The above discussion of Ricky Ford reminded me to pull out this one.  It'd been a few years since I'd listened to it last.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP:

R-4692547-1426161924-2411.jpeg.jpg

 

 

12 minutes ago, Justin V said:

41DD521MF6L._SY400_.jpg

The above discussion of Ricky Ford reminded me to pull out this one.  It'd been a few years since I'd listened to it last.  

Yeah man!  I have that on a Gatemouth LP. :tup I didn't know that Landmark had reissued it on CD.

 

 

29 minutes ago, soulpope said:

e71e665ec8.jpg

Buster Williams (!!) ....

One of Joe Farrell's finest hours. ... And, IMO, one of the best CTI releases.

 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ab67616d0000b273883f35db8d0c1f4ba272f505

Another Miles Davis individual CD "leftover" ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Tito Puente!!!

R-2761444-1299918776.jpeg.jpg

Tito's got one helluva band here:
- Paquito D'Rivera (as)
- Mario Rivera (ss)
- David Valentin (fl)
- Claudio Roditi (tr)
- Hilton Ruiz (p)
- Andy Gonzalez (b)
- Ignacio Berroa (d)
- Mongo Santamaria (cga)
- Giovanni Hidalgo (cga, bgo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now