Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bresna said:

Soon to be reissued on 12 LPs. Yes, you read that right - 12 LPs.

Had the completist turkey over decades but this is over .... own the 3CD set + the original vinyl and still believe the later houses the best tracks by far ....

Edited by soulpope

8 hours ago, duaneiac said:

R-10854587-1505432882-3050.jpeg.jpg

Disc 4

R-10854587-1505433163-6097.jpeg.jpg

and disc 3, of 4.

R-10854587-1505433041-4312.jpeg.jpg

Nice to revisit this set which includes so many of my favorite performers.  The stand out track for me this time out -- "Viva Tirado"!  Man, it's actually been years since I last heard that one.  I loved hearing it again so much, I played it three times through!

Yes a great cross-section of West Coast Jazz from the Contemporary label & others. Have never seen that box here in Germany. Will try to get it even some tracks are here allready.

:tup:tup:tup

Edited by jazzcorner
text change

52 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Yes a great cross-section of West Coast Jazz from the Contemporary label & others. Have never seen that box here in Germany. Will try to get it even some tracks are here allready.

:tup:tup:tup

Picked that box up here in the UK from Fopp for about £10 ! Part of the big Fantasy CD offload.

Edited by sidewinder

On 12/13/2020 at 1:50 AM, soulpope said:

Had the completist turkey over decades but this is over .... own the 3CD set + the original vinyl and still believe the later houses the best tracks by far ....

I e-mailed Michael Cuscuna about this and he said that Bob Belden and David Weiss went through these tapes and chose what they felt was the best take of each track. I trust their judgement and for me, the 3 CD set is enough... actually too much to be truthful. Like you, I think the double-LP issue was pretty good by itself. No way I'm dishing out over $200 for this box set full of alternate takes.