• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

R-2455370-1285049071.jpeg.jpg

I can understand why Howlin' Wolf didn't like it.

I find myself liking it a quite a bit of very much.

Some of this stuff points towards Blood Ulmer's more "rootsy" excursions, some towards other things yet to come.

I get that it was a "commercial calculation", and a few moments sound tacked on gratuitously, but....damn, so be it. It happened, and you can't unhappen it.

Sorry, Mr. Wolf. It's a damn good record.

50 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Yes me too. If you ask several people who know me well you'd find I told them I suspected some sort of dire stuff like this would happen today. Most didn't share my prediction.

For some reason, I expected it earlier than this and not quite in this form.  I don't know how or if the country can approach any kind of normalcy after this.

We're getting political here but this could work out best.

My personal prediction was that the presence of Trumpers would trigger the left to come out to protest, there would be clashes and then Trump would attempt to use the insurrection act to call out the army and keep himself in power.

Now however, its the Trumpers who are attempting a physical coup while Trump's coup against the constitution was about to be dismissed.

14 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

We're getting political here but this could work out best.

My personal prediction was that the presence of Trumpers would trigger the left to come out to protest, there would be clashes and then Trump would attempt to use the insurrection act to call out the army and keep himself in power.

Now however, its the Trumpers who are attempting a physical coup while Trump's coup against the constitution was about to be dismissed.

It might be a very long night...

Guess Dan's prediction was wrong.

Trump issued a statement to the terrorists saying: “I love you. You’re very special. I know how you feel.” In the video, Trump continued to insist that the election was stolen and he won in a landslide.

Trump did say for terrorists to “go home in peace.” That’s one hell of a lot different from “prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

Sorry for the politics but this is unbelievable. I'll stop now. Don't ban me.

Edited by jlhoots

Well my point was that violent assault on the legislature makes Trumpers more evil than before and with a little luck Trump will be finished as a political force after this. Everyone has "soft support". Trump with insurrectionists only going forward isn't more than 20% of the population. I think.

So my fear was lefties and righties fighting in the street = Trump moving to declare martial law and trying to retain power.

Now I think (and hope and pray) that what must be done is that good people on both sides come together, after the Capitol is secured again, and move and vote on impeachment and conviction. He has to pay a cost. We cannot wait 14 days. For the dignity of the nation he must be removed.

1 hour ago, Peter Friedman said:

iu-2.jpeg

Fascinating record. Heavily and very effectively influenced by the Birth of the Cool recordings (kudos to arranger Gosta Theselius) and in very short order. I once sat down and tried to figure out how that worked i.e. how rapidly some of the BOC recordings were available in Sweden. Maybe some musicians, e.g., Rolf, brought them back from the U.S. in their baggage.