Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JSngry said:

You know what's crazy about that cover? The model is wearing hose. Women do not wear hosiery any more these days, generally speaking. They gone, bare legs are what it is now.

No opinion on that, but I noticed it while watching That Girl reruns, I was like, why do Ann Marie's legs look so weird, and then it hit me, oh, she's wearing hose.

Frank Foster would not have written "Shiny Stockings" if he were now what he was then. Ok, he could, maybe, but not by that name.

that´s true, but only bare legs somehow is a loss. Hosiery makes legs looking nicer. Yes, Frank Foster, when he was interviewed about his "Shiny Stockings" he stated that he alsways has been a "legs man". 

50 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

"The Complete  Capitol Live Recordings of the George Shearing Quintet" disc 4

140697960674.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

george-shearing-sunny-side-strip-vinyl-r

I have the Mosaic set and enjoy it.  I've seen that Shearing On Stage LP in used shop many times, but never noticed until now exactly which musicians are nicely spotlighted and which ones (by design, one must suppose) are not.  A bit dismaying that even by 1959, a major record label such as Capitol would do that.