Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Chet Baker, Art Pepper, Phil Urso et al "Pictures of Heath," Pacific Jazz/Sony Superbit Jazz Classics lp facsimile cd

MI0000164367.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

with Carl Perkins, Curtis Counce, Lawrence Marable--a super group.

and Jimmy Heath compositions. :tup

6 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

See her Twitter feed. She hasn't posted since Jan, but all back in 2020 she was reposting and hashtagging it. She's conservative, fine, but went off the deep end unfortunately. 

I am not a twitter person, thanks. I didn't know that about her political views, didn't get that sense from her facebook page. I'm a huge fan. Sad if she fell down the Q rabbit hole.

Edited by jazzbo

6 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

Yeah, it's a real tragedy because it typically involves alienation from friends and family. I hope she gets out of that cult. 

How well I know. I have a hard time being civil to certain in-laws.

I saw her on an Austin City limits supporting the Coming Forth By Day record, and her voice was....not too fit. 

That was a really dark record so it all worked there, but hearing her voice naked like that was a bit...startling.

Haven't heard anything since.

Whatever it is, I hope she's still got her voice, it is/was a wonderful and unique instrument, and she had totally figured out how to frame it on her terms, a singer with a true, whole vision. A rarity in this or any other time.

20 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I saw her on an Austin City limits supporting the Coming Forth By Day record, and her voice was....not too fit. 

That was a really dark record so it all worked there, but hearing her voice naked like that was a bit...startling.

Whatever it is, I hope she's still got her voice, it is/was a wonderful and unique instrument, and she had totally figured out how to frame it on her terms, a singer with a true, whole vision. A rarity in this or any other time.

All true—as are the reports of her going down the Q rabbit hole, unfortunately. Strange stuff.

Now playing:

51SFf1cSMEL._SY355_.jpg

4 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

All true—as are the reports of her going down the Q rabbit hole, unfortunately. Strange stuff.

I don't find it at all strange that she would feel a need to run for cover against forces bent on destruction and imprisonment, I mean hell, I feel that one myself.

But this Q thing? My god...when reality turns to fantasy...people surrender to fear, lose their powers of discernment altogether. It's evil.

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruit I see is vile, poisonous, and is doing the same thing to its adherents that they fear is being done to others. They have turned a window into a mirror and are projecting a horror movie onto it.

Oldest game in the book.

14 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Now playing:

51SFf1cSMEL._SY355_.jpg

I saw this mentioned yesterday as a new release? Who is putting this out? I have it burned from a 1994 Fresh Sounds disc, but with a different cover.

41 minutes ago, JSngry said:

She threw a strop in London on that tour and refused to come to the venue for two plus hours. I gave up, went home, she then decided to perform.

Love her music, seen her quite a few times live and she's always delivered, apart from that once. Ronnie Scott's gig I thought I'd gone to heaven.

I think there were posts somewhere a couple of months ago about her Q proclivities. Such a shame.

I'm sorry to hear this about Cassandra Wilson.  Like many of you, I admire her music a great deal.  

It just goes to show how much these sorts of conspiracies appeal to people, how much they address dark needs inside us. They work just like cults.

It makes me very worried for the future that they've become so prevalent.  A member of the U.S. House of Representatives -- from my state! -- espouses this stuff.  That's what we've come to.

Ugh.

25 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I saw this mentioned yesterday as a new release? Who is putting this out? I have it burned from a 1994 Fresh Sounds disc, but with a different cover.

Hey Jim, the copy I have is a 2012 Real Gone Music/ABKCO reissue that I picked up as part of an RGM bargain blowout sale a couple of years ago. Sound is quite good and decent reissue notes by Bret Primack.

Discogs listing:

New Sounds of Maynard Ferguson/Come Blow Your Horn

Edited by ghost of miles

44 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Hey Jim, the copy I have is a 2012 Real Gone Music/ABKCO reissue that I picked up as part of an RGM bargain blowout sale a couple of years ago. Sound is quite good and decent reissue notes by Bret Primack.

Discogs listing:

New Sounds of Maynard Ferguson/Come Blow Your Horn

Wow, ABKO - Allen Klein! So...let's connect those dots...

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

I'm sorry to hear this about Cassandra Wilson.  Like many of you, I admire her music a great deal.  

It just goes to show how much these sorts of conspiracies appeal to people, how much they address dark needs inside us. They work just like cults.

It makes me very worried for the future that they've become so prevalent.  A member of the U.S. House of Representatives -- from my state! -- espouses this stuff.  That's what we've come to.

Ugh.

Shit. I love her work and once put her in a movie.