Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

:tup

Recent listening

R-15809475-1598203530-6075.jpeg.jpg

R-7010951-1609003999-3599.jpeg.jpg

Both :tup

Brings memories back, those wonderful festivals in the late 70´s, Ron Carter was on Schedule, and since you mentioned Woody Herman, he was the Finale of the Festival, his "Thundering Herd 1979" very very modern, with an electric bass, and some tunes composed by Chick Corea. 

George Cables first with Dex, later with Diz...... such a great pianist....

Playing some of the Blue Note Classics series and i am overall pretty satisfied, no major problems (like some other people had, Non-fill, scratched records etc.) Very happy about that. Four out of five arrived in good condition in contrast to others who had to return the same record three/four times.

16385.jpg

9 hours ago, sonnymax said:

R-4952433-1380405776-2994.jpeg.jpg

3 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Playing some of the Blue Note Classics series and i am overall pretty satisfied, no major problems (like some other people had, Non-fill, scratched records etc.) Very happy about that. Four out of five arrived in good condition in contrast to others who had to return the same record three/four times.

16385.jpg

1 hour ago, Referentzhunter said:

61bbLR3MJOL._SL1200_.jpg

Now playing:

meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMif

3 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

61bbLR3MJOL._SL1200_.jpg

Thanks for posting those three classic BN albums which are among my favourites.

And they are "Island Recordings". I had a period, when I thought I must get all albums, but let´s say if it´s about Hank Mobley I seldom listen to something else but Soul Station, Dippin, and together with Griff and Trane on "Blowin´Session". 
I spin all the Herbie Hancocks, maybe the one without horns not so often as the others.
And of course Dolphy. 
In general, I have a lot of BN unspinned, and certain albums I listen to on repeated occasions...

R-6221696-1414075590-2788.jpeg.jpg

A nice record to wake up with, not like, get out of bed wake up, but ok, out of bed, getting into the day, need something to make a smooth transistion from dream state to reality (such as it is) state. Lots of layers moving at different trajectories, but gently so. By the end of the second listen, hey, I'm mentally armed and ready to face the day.

10 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

R-18906421-1622132163-4227.jpeg.jpg

Trying again with this one. Jazz Times rated it highly among 2021 jazz albums (recorded in 2019). First listen was a miss for me. But second listen was on phones while walking the dog in the dark early morning hours and it worked much better. Especially the second half with the 12 piece band. 

I struggled with it a little too. I need to give it another go. 

Great cover.