• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Primary

Strange, the cover photo looks more like someone like Bill Evans. 
I don´t have very very much of Art Tatum, I have some 1941 "God is in the House" which is great, though the piano is of poor quality, it´s live. I also have 2 of the Pablo "Master Solo Pieces" and one from an obscure label "20th Century" or so with recordings from 1956, but obviously not in N.Y. but in L.A....
I also have a "Group Masterpieces" with Buddy de Franco on clarinet I remember.....

10 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Larry Young "Lawrence of Arabia" Perception/Solid Records Japan cd

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Is this a later photography of Larry Young ?  I only know those from the BN years, I think he died in the late 70´s but it seems he was quite obscure then. Dpn´t know the death causes, did he have a similar end like Tina Brooks, who also died in obscurity in the 70´s ? 

6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Young ?  I only know those from the BN years, I think he died in the late 70´s but it seems he was quite obscure then. Dpn´t know the death causes, did he have a similar end like Tina Brooks, who also died in obscurity in the 70´s ? 

I believe that photo was taken about four or five years before he died, at the time this album was recorded and released. The cause of his death is not quite clear--he went to the hospital with stomach pain and passed from pneumonia according to his death certificate.