JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

61,484 posts in this topic

Yesterday evening .... :

R-4621591-1370199925-7698.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soulpope said:

Yesterday evening .... :

R-4621591-1370199925-7698.jpeg.jpg

:tup

Now playing:

NS05NDE3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil Melle – Patterns In Jazz (Blue Note, 1957)

R-3909810-1357253573-9811.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, soulpope said:

Yesterday evening .... :

R-4621591-1370199925-7698.jpeg.jpg

:tup:D

 

3 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Gil Melle – Patterns In Jazz (Blue Note, 1957)

R-3909810-1357253573-9811.jpg

:tup:D

Edited by jazzcorner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charles Lloyd Trios: Chapel (Blue Note)Image result for charles lloyd trios chapel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete Bud Powell on Verve - Bud Powell

Finding the complete Verve recordings of Bud Powell to be exactly the correct choice-a disc a day-this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one of those days to get groovin...

https://i.discogs.com/9ALSVDhLjtuAy0jW_tLjT7FZbZFXK7XRzQIJZ1LyiA4/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:594/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTIzNjcx/OTkxLTE2NTYwMTE4/NDMtNDEzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J.J. Johnson – First Place (Columbia, 1957)

R-1138150-1392572115-1232.jpg

Nit sure why, but Max Roach always sounds great on these 50s JJ Columbias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ab67616d0000b2732bff83f5c866a8615f525c54

Outstanding ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

J.J. Johnson – First Place (Columbia, 1957)

R-1138150-1392572115-1232.jpg

 

:tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The Fritz Pauer Trio – Blues Inside Out (MPS)

R-2781514-1313584000.jpg

Listening to this now for the first time after a recommendation in the MPS thread and it's absolutely top notch. One of the best piano trio records I've heard in ages. So exciting. It's like someone dropped Tyner, Evans and Garner into a blender. 

Thank you to whoever recommended it.

Edited by Rabshakeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

The Fritz Pauer Trio – Blues Inside Out (MPS)

R-2781514-1313584000.jpg

Listening to this now for the first time after a recommendation in the MPS thread and it's absolutely top notch. One of the best piano trio records I've heard in ages. So exciting. It's like someone dropped Tyner, Evans and Garner into a blender. 

Thank you to whoever recommended it.

You don`t have to stop there necessarily  ;) .... :

ab67616d0000b2731dd8684c61dd118c84f60b85

My00ODMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soulpope said:

You don`t have to stop there necessarily  ;) .... :

ab67616d0000b2731dd8684c61dd118c84f60b85

My00ODMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Are these two as good? If so, I'm not stopping at all. Still streaming the first, but the evening is young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rabshakeh said:

Are these two as good? If so, I'm not stopping at all. Still streaming the first, but the evening is young.

Both get my unreserved "seal of approval" :D .... long time favorites ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.