• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duke Ellington and His Orchestra – Treasury Broadcast No.11 [23Jun45][on Vol. 6 of The Treasury Shows] (Storyville Records—D.E.T.S.)

71YR37iTkWL._SX375_.jpg

— With Shelton Hemphill,  Rex Stewart, Taft Jordan, Cat Anderson(t); Ray Nance(t,vn,v); Lawrence Brown, Joe Nanton, Claude Jones(tb); Jimmy Hamilton(cl,ts); Otto Hardwicke(cl,as); Johnny Hodges(as); Al Sears(ts); Harry Carney(cl,as,bar); Duke Ellington(p); Fred Guy(g); Junior Raglin(sb); Sonny Greer(d,ch); Joya Sherrill, Kay Davis, Al Hibbler(v)
— Titles include: Jump For Joy, I Should Care, Go Away Blues, Tootin' Through The Roof, I'm Beginning To See The Light, Blue Belles of Harlam, Body and Soul, What Am I Here For?, Warm Valley, Stompy Jones, Ko-Ko
— Live ABC broadcast from the Palace Theatre, Akron, OH

Edited by alankin

2 hours ago, duaneiac said:

R-8488861-1466761586-1001.jpeg.jpg

This is a fine example of the sort of lovely, technically flawless yet glossy and gutless singing which makes so many people disdainful of jazz singers. :tdown

Thought I'd give this a listen on Spotify and I must say, I like it. I'm partial to Sue's voice too.