• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, duaneiac said:

MI0002275902.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Wow!  This version of "Stardust" -- I had to listen to it 3 times in a row, it's such a masterful performance by Mr. Hawkins.  I wish they had made that tune a two-sided record because I would have loved to have heard his solo go on for much longer.

You inspired me - I hadn't listened to these sessions in quite a while, so I'm spinning this CD now.

Weight your line so that your baithook is trolling at a depth of 19 years, you're looking to capture any Phish circa 12/99.  The sensible Millenial would simply subscribe to stream the band's vault for a set phee; but I do so love physical product.  12/16/99 arrived in the post-TGiving-post this a.m., and, Dear God, the 23+ min. opening-2nd set-salvo "Sand" constitutes some of the finest recorded improvisatory music of the late 20th century; then a brilliant 9+ minute "Mango" into perhaps my favourite musical tune, "Velvet Sea", then a mind-bending 'whale-call' session followed by an EPIC "Tweezer" (that reprises as an encore) , and concludes with the modern day country rock standard "Runaway Jim".  That I've lived to see - and tour! - with such a band.

Dig "Sand" (pt.I) starting at 27:58 in this comp: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHJSB_ht_0

1999-12-16mo.jpg

I s'pose it would be overly optimistic to say, 'order here':

https://www.livephish.com/browse/music/0,936/Phish-mp3-flac-download-12-16-1999-Reynolds-Coliseum-Raleigh-NC

Boomer Sooner and Go Bucks!

Edited by Kate