Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

In a blindfold test with Nils Winther I won a complete set of SteepleChase lps in 1980. The bet was my catalog against his catalog. When he lost he complained about the comparative size of our companies, but his lovely wife Mihoko made him deliver.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You need to share your memories just like this one in BOOK form, Chuck. Write a memoir, please!

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

In a blindfold test with Nils Winther I won a complete set of SteepleChase lps in 1980. The bet was my catalog against his catalog. When he lost he complained about the comparative size of our companies, but his lovely wife Mihoko made him deliver.

That's great.

Tonight, so far:

R-12141796-1529143979-8650.jpeg.jpg  R-2037161-1260040483.jpeg.jpg

Steve Lacy - Last Tour (Emanem). Strong playing from a man who died less than three months later.

The Klezmatics - Rhythm + Jews (Flying Fish). The nouveau-klezmer album I would take to a desert island - and that includes the two I'm on.

9 hours ago, JSngry said:

Oi.  Pabulum for the toothless.  I know you speak with the sharpest tongue on the site, JS, so I expect venom; but really?  Why dilute excellence. 

Anyway, for my part it's meat and potatoes -

Bob-Dylan-More-Blood-More-Tracks-The-Boo

Sound as big as shown.  My reluctance to purchase a contiguously repetitive playlist, which reviews largely acknowledged as 'Dylan alone w/ guitar, harmonica, and/or piano', were dispelled immediately with the first takes of "If you see her..." and "You're a big girl now".  A voice of protean emotionalism such that even Spartan musical accompaniment yields significant distinctions between nuanced vocal tonality, pitch, inflection, and tempo.  Death before exposure would be a mortal omission; order now.

Edited by Kate

3 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

😎 ....