Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, medjuck said:

This has never come out on cd ( I transferred it to digital to have it always available.).  Wouldn't it be great if it got released on cd with the rest of the concert. Charlie Haden always pointed  out that he played on this when asked about how he moved from Ornette to his later work. 

This would be excellent as a release with the entire concert. Even an official release of the released material would be great, though it sounds really good on the ABC/Impulse lp I have. It has been out as part of a "two-fer plus" release on cd from Solar Records, one of the Gray Market trailblazers. . . .

Edited by jazzbo

14 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Martial Solal - En Solo (RCA Victor, 1971)

R-3636415-1369557653-1666.jpeg.jpg

10 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Martial Solal Trio ‎– Sans Tambour Ni Trompette (RCA Victor, 1970)

R-2914676-1309170302.gif.jpg

Many thanks for the reminder! Now:

MARTIAL SOLAL TRIO: “SANS TAMBOUR NI TROMPETTE“. (JAZZ! LA RÉÉDITION INDISPENSABLE). RCA VICTOR/BMG FRANCE 743213751122 [1996]

MARTIAL SOLAL: EN SOLO. (JAZZ! LA RÉÉDITION INDISPENSABLE). RCA VICTOR/BMG FRANCE 743214778920 [1997]

Note: Both releases not at discogs!

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Great music - fantastic cover photography ....

I would have LOVED to have been there and to have SEEN these guys play together..... but then I say that with most classic Jazz albums I play.  I envy my parents.  My father was into Jazz when it was popular and live performances were hot.  He and my mother went to many live performances of the great ones.

Edited by BillyBatts

1 hour ago, BillyBatts said:

I would have LOVED to have been there and to have SEEN these guys play together..... but then I say that with most classic Jazz albums I play.  I envy my parents.  My father was into Jazz when it was popular and live performances were hot.  He and my mother went to many live performances of the great ones.

Seems Jazz literally is part of your DNA ;) ....