More live Wes Montgomery on the horizon from Resonance

jazzbo

Anybody know if Ron McClure took over PC's gig or was just subbing? If it was the former, who took McClure's place when he left to take Cecil McBee's place with Charles Lloyd? Or was that the end of The Wynton Kelley Trio as a regular traveling band? Or just what and who, exactly, please?

• 8 months later...

Wes Montgomery - In Paris: The Definitive ORTF Recording

First official release of Wes Montgomery's one and only concert in Paris, France  on March 27, 1965 at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées

Second Resonance release in partnership with France's National Audio-visual Institute (INA)  with remastered high-resolution audio transferred directly from the original tapes

Deluxe limited-edition, 180-gram 2LP gatefold set released exclusively for  Record Store Day's Black Friday Event on November 24, 2017 
Deluxe 2CD & Digital Edition available January 26, 2018

Edit:  Hopefully the Amazon price drops bit.

Edited by bluesoul

• 2 months later...

Picked this up on Vinyl at Black Friday in November. Reproduction sounds good. I prefer Full House performance with Johnny Griffin. Reminds of the Latest Monk release on vinyl. I enjoyed the music but wasn’t knocked out.

My wife gave me turntable last year and just started listening to vinyl again. I guess my expectations were too great.

7 minutes ago, Gdgray said:

Picked this up on Vinyl at Black Friday in November. Reproduction sounds good. I prefer Full House performance with Johnny Griffin. Reminds of the Latest Monk release on vinyl. I enjoyed the music but wasn’t knocked out.

My wife gave me turntable last year and just started listening to vinyl again. I guess my expectations were too great.

Sounds like you married well :) .  I think many recordings like this can't possibly live up to our hopes/expectations, we have a lot of been there/done that in our listening experiences at this point.  And by 1965, Montgomery was not breaking new ground the way he was on Full House.   The  release that absolutely did knock my socks off was the Larry Young set they put out.  

Yes, I agree. Larry Young exceeded my expectations too. 

Regarding vinyl , I had around 300 records from 60s and 70s that I recently I started playing and 80 percent of them still sound really good. My taste have definitely changed from more guitar oriented albums to hard bop/jazz, string quartets and world music.