“The Creator has a Master Plan” with Leon Thomas/Santana

gvopedz

I certainly like  the original release of Lotus.  Another album's worth of outtakes is sweet, if it doesn't break the bank.    That being said, with that group, I prefer Leon Patillo on vocals (saw them at Atlantic City Raceway along with CSNY ca. 1975, and of course he is the vocalist on Borbeletta).  I never thought Thomas was a good fit with them.   

• 1 month later...

It's interesting but perhaps not essential. It's a Thomas showcase and he's a bit subdued here on this track. I like it, I'm glad to have it and the whole release is great sonically, and just overwhelming in the quality of the printing and presentation of the artwork. If I were to get this just for that one track. . . I'd be disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
9 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Sure. But this whole series of 7" SACD stereo/surround reissues sound amazing if you can listen to the SACD layer, and the packaging is amazing. And if that matters. It has become something that matters to me as my system improves.

Artist's rendering of my system:

il_fullxfull.4675040188_rgmy.thumb.webp.8af792437032146df2094489983f4840.webp