Which albums is Pele looking at?

Dmitry

Nah, I just recognized Agostinho's face, and the Maysa was in my "Os Discos Da Bossa Nova" book.

koso1289-img450x600-1476148787a5hvzm1405

Now, the third one is going to be driving me nuts until I solve it, like that mystery Steve McQueen LP...  

Edited by Jim R

6 hours ago, Dmitry said:

How's that Mendes record? Any good?

bc5b19948b5f7909277d5ee14671fa49.jpg

Anyone understands Portuguese?

lp-1-pele.jpg?1384968217

I don't speak Portuguese (or Spanish), but there's enough of an overlap that I can reasonably suspect that it says King Pele, the new star of Brasil. Edson Arantes do Nascimento, of course, was his birth name.

Mendes...have not hear the Pele album, but the New Brasil 77 one is kinda cool in a "crate digger" kind of way. It's got some real dogs and some real gems, and/but also overflowing with "period electronics", but the gems are truly gems, including this one by Clifford Coulter, who did a few sides for impulse! back in the day.

But if you miss Lani Hall, you're not alone.

4 hours ago, Jim R said:

Nah, I just recognized Agostinho's face, and the Maysa was in my "Os Discos Da Bossa Nova" book.

koso1289-img450x600-1476148787a5hvzm1405

Wow, I have been looking for a copy of that book for years, to no avail. Just poked around a bit and ran across one listed at an online vendor in Brazil, but there's no mention anywhere of international shipping being offered. Guess I need to attempt to construct a semi-coherent inquiry in Portuguese and shoot them an email.

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

I don't speak Portuguese (or Spanish), but there's enough of an overlap that I can reasonably suspect that it says King Pele, the new star of Brasil. Edson Arantes do Nascimento, of course, was his birth name.

Mendes...have not hear the Pele album, but the New Brasil 77 one is kinda cool in a "crate digger" kind of way. It's got some real dogs and some real gems, and/but also overflowing with "period electronics", but the gems are truly gems, including this one by Clifford Coulter, who did a few sides for impulse! back in the day.

But if you miss Lani Hall, you're not alone.

I'm fluent in Spanish and lived in Brasil and it says The King Pelé A New Star of Brasil. 

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

Not the faux album cover, that is self-explanatory. I was asking about the photo I cropped and enlarged above it, with Pele looking at the sides. I think the annotation says Pele is chillin', listening to some tunes. I thought maybe it mentioned which records he was playing.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

My translation engine puts it at, roughly, On an off day, not thinking about being king of the world, Pele passes the day listening to records and talking ideas like any other young man of his age.

Good ole reliable engines :D