Steve Schwartz, RIP

jazztrain

This hits hard. I saw Steve at many of the shows I attended around Boston and he sat at my table quite a few times. I also ran into him many times at Stereo Jack's, where the discussions would range far & wide. He was such an incredibly nice guy. I'll miss him.

Funny Steve story...

I go to a show at the Regattabar and as was sometimes the case, Steve's at my table. We get to chatting when the waitress comes over to take our order. Steve orders a drink of some kind and when he goes for his wallet, he realizes that he forgot it at home. Even worse, he got dropped off at the club and was planning to take a taxi home. Luckily, I had just gone to the ATM and had some cash so I offered him some. I told him he could pay me back at the next show. He insisted on getting my mailing address so he could mail it to me. He included a couple of CDs in the envelope with a check and a thank you card. As I said, a really nice guy.

2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

This hits hard. I saw Steve at many of the shows I attended around Boston and he sat at my table quite a few times. I also ran into him many times at Stereo Jack's, where the discussions would range far & wide. He was such an incredibly nice guy. I'll miss him.

Funny Steve story...

I go to a show at the Regattabar and as was sometimes the case, Steve's at my table. We get to chatting when the waitress comes over to take our order. Steve orders a drink of some kind and when he goes for his wallet, he realizes that he forgot it at home. Even worse, he got dropped off at the club and was planning to take a taxi home. Luckily, I had just gone to the ATM and had some cash so I offered him some. I told him he could pay me back at the next show. He insisted on getting my mailing address so he could mail it to me. He included a couple of CDs in the envelope with a check and a thank you card. As I said, a really nice guy.

That is real class!