Chick Corea The Musician

I've been seeing this on various sites but had a hard time finding any info. I wasn't clear if this was another compilation or something else. Happily it looks like this is a new release. As many issues as I have with Scientology, I do love Chick Corea. There appears to be both a 3CD edition as well as 3CD/Blu-ray edition. I'm inclined to get the 4cd set even if I don't have a Bluray 

player (yet:). 

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Chick-Corea-The-Musician-Live-at-the-Blue-Note-2011-Blu-Ray-Disc/productinfo/CONBR00019/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC392DJ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Great musician and a key figure of the music of the ´70s, period.

I don´t have too many records cause I don´t know whether the royalities go to him or to that............

One thing I always would have liked to state, maybe I´m wrong, if so, I just apologize, but...... , I always had the impression that on the live dates with Miles from 1969 he just goes too far out. I don´t have nothing against new thing and free music, but he just tries to "outfreak" the whole proceedings on that electric piano, and at some point it leaves me exhausted. Those Bitches Brew/Kilimanjaro/Miles in the Sky tunes were pretty tunes as Miles and Wayne do them, and what Chick does on the records is really okay, but the live stuff just get´s to a point where I loose it after some minutes of FenderRhodes solo from Chick.

And, on video material,  Miles is one thing, he don´t pay no attention to the audience, but it´s part of his game, you can "buy" that from him and say he´s into the music and that´s work, and no entertainment,...... but if you look at Chick (and Dave Holland) on those videos, it seems they try to "out-miles" Miles concerning their stage manners.....

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:38 AM, Gheorghe said:

Great musician and a key figure of the music of the ´70s, period.

I don´t have too many records cause I don´t know whether the royalities go to him or to that............

Using a similar criteria would restrict me to only buying releases on the Emanem label.

1 hour ago, rostasi said:

Don't have a Blu-ray player either, but may be interested in the CDs.
Is there a place that tells what the total time is on the Blu-ray disc?

Couldn't find anything about the length of the Bluray but here's the track/chapter info translated....

http://www.musicrecords.cz/catalogue/hudba/corea-chick/musician-blu-ray-brd-3cd/?icid=89

BRD: 
Full length Documentary A film as produced and retrospective of Amazing Chick's career, his life, and his musical collaborators. Directed by Arne Rostad, the basis of the film was over 300 hours of performance footage from a month long engagement at the Blue Note, NYC, Including performances and interviews with the musicians seuraavilla: 
1st Intro 
From the second Miles Band 
Herbie Hancock third 
4th \ "Chick \" Just A Nickname 
5th Miles 
6th The Five Peace Band 
7th Gayle 
The eighth Chick Corea Trio 
9th Next Generation 
10th Return To Forever 
11th Chick's Spanish Heart 
The 12th Chick Corea Elektric Band 
13th Bobby McFerrin 
14th Marcus Roberts 
15th Gary Burton 
The 16th World Lift 
17th Menu / Chick Corea / The Musician

I have mine ordered, the pre order price at Amazon is $37.79.  I do think Scientology is bizarre to say the least, but it clearly does something ffor him, so no problem there.  Doesn't change my opinion of his music.  I disagree with you Gheorghe about that Miles era getting too out, it took me a while to get there and grasp it, but when I did I find it brilliant. The Live in Europe 1969 set is great stuff, and the proclivity to go "out" I think is more a function of the interests Chick, Dave and Jack had musically at the time.  Chick still occasionally goes to that area of playing particularly with the inside the piano stuff.