How to redeem an I-tunes gift

johnblitweiler

Does I-tunes work on a H-P pc? A friend gave me a gift of the Basies from the Savory collection. I-tunes sent me an e-mail with a button to redeem the gift, so

1. I clicked on the redeem button. It brought up the Install I-tunes window, so I installed I-tunes.

2. Now that I-tunes is installed, I click on the I-tunes icon on my start page. It just brings up my Windows Media Player files. On my computer's list of installed programs, I click on I-tunes. Nothing at all happens. 

3. Now that I-tunes has been installed, I click on the redeem button again. It brings up the install I-tunes window. I can find nothing on the I-tunes web site that tells how to redeem an I-tunes gift.

Does anyone here have any experience redeeming an I-tunes gift and can inform me?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Scott. I finally installed I-tunes and burned a CD of the Savory Basie music. But now the I-tunes won't access most of my music and it and my Windows Media Player both won't burn any more CDs. Uninstalling I-tunes doesn't help. Windows sneaked in an update about the same time and that may be the culprit.

Well...one problem solved, just to create another one. Sorry, brother. At least you got the Basie, I guess. 

As much as I love Apple products, I'll be the first to admit that iTunes can be a real motherfucker. 

I wish I could help you further, but without being on your machine, it's hard to know where to start. Uninstall iTunes, and repair WMP? Maybe? 

Sometimes when you have multiple media players, they tend to not play nice with each other. "Default program" and whatnot...

Are there any preference options in WMP that allows you to set it as your default media player? 

Edited by Scott Dolan