2017 MLB Facts, Lies, Propaganda, Opinions, & Pictures

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Tribe wins in 13 innings.Ā  A lot of work (and luck too), but it's a win--and that withĀ their ace lookingĀ completely awful, as well as nothing from usually reliable hitters: Ramirez, Brantley (though admittedly the latter is still finding his rhythm after extended time on the DL).

It's the Indians' year.Ā  It's clear the Yanks don't have a prayer.

Ā 

I was tired by the 13th inningĀ 

Started to go home and then a women walked out in front of my car

i was going 35/40 mph and had no time to brakeĀ 

She's lucky to be alive after the hitĀ 

http://tucson.com/news/local/pedestrian-struck-in-tucson-s-midtown-suffered-serious-injuries/article_431ba878-ab19-11e7-afd9-6b194b8b9ddb.html

So, are the pitchforks and switchblades out for Girardi now, in the bright of day? Didn't see the game until the very end but saw the replay repeatedly thereafter, what was if, a failure to communicate from the booth or what? Seemed totally challenge-able, truthfully.

15 hours ago, catesta said:

Indians given a real gift with that shitty call. Shame on Girardi for not asking for the review.

Yeah, totally agree. So does this writer:

Girardi should have challenged

I was able to follow the game off and on through the 10th inning, but after that grand-slam I had a feeling it was pretty much over, given that it was Cleveland and they were at home. Ā At least it was a hell of a battle, and I'd call it a moral victory if NY could somehow take both games at home. Even if that were to happen, very little chance that Kluber would be so off again in a potential game 5 at Cleveland.

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

So, are the pitchforks and switchblades out for Girardi now, in the bright of day? Didn't see the game until the very end but saw the replay repeatedly thereafter, what was if, a failure to communicate from the booth or what? Seemed totally challenge-able, truthfully.

Girardi said they didn't have super-slow mo replay until it was too late, and that as former catcher he is especially cognizant of pitchers in a rhythm and not wanting to mess up his guy with a challenge.

Ā 

So am I going to get any credit for my Red Sox prediction? Pretty sure I said the same thing a year ago, and lo and behold, they were swept out then too.

Brutal call and an injury to Encarnacion, just what I had hoped against. Injury perhaps not as severe as initially feared, but we shall see. Big drop off going w arrhythmic Michael Brantley. Don't buy any of what Girardi is (or was) selling. Why pull CC when he's cruising, pitch count is low, and margin is 5? Chad Green was in rhythm? Late in game, what are you saving challenge for?

I followed first few innings on phone. Initially thought Kluber may have given up an early tater and then settle down, but obviously not the case. 8-3 during pre-performance dinner. One last check before turning off phone beforeĀ Jason Moran/Q-Tip had it at 8-7, so just maybe. 90 minutes later, after performance, it's tied in the 12th. Cheered the Gomer game winner on Metro riding home. What a scrappy long at bat. Wild!

Okay by me if Bosox win a game--not optimistic, but...

And my hometown Nats now showing a pulse (and beautiful hair)

Well, I can finally breathe again. Jesus, that was a nail-biter of a game! At least both AL East teams have now avoided the ignominy of a sweep. Good thing Aaron Judge is 6:7, or Lindor would have had a two-run homer. Also, I don't think Chapman will be available tomorrow night, after throwing 34 pitches tonight and having gone two innings in Game 2. Hopefully Severino will bounce back from that disastrous outing against the Twins.

13 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Well, I can finally breathe again. Jesus, that was a nail-biter of a game! At least both AL East teams have now avoided the ignominy of a sweep. Good thing Aaron Judge is 6:7, or Lindor would have had a two-run homer. Also, I don't think Chapman will be available tomorrow night, after throwing 34 pitches tonight and having gone two innings in Game 2. Hopefully Severino will bounce back from that disastrous outing against the Twins.

Yeah, a nail-biter for sure. It would be nice to see some real offense from Yankees tonight. Or, to have the game called due to rain.

Aaron Judge is way overdue to make some contact in this series, as is Starlin Castro.Ā  A rainout today would definitely benefit the Yanks' bullpen (Chapman in particular--I'd be really nervous about any usage of him tonight after pitching two innings Friday and last night's 35-pitch, 1 2/3 IP outing), but it would also put Bauer on regular rest for a start tomorrow (and perhaps be too much rest for Severino, who threw only 29 pitches in last Tuesday's game?).Ā  Barring rainouts, though, playoff baseball for 12 hours straight today!

1:00 p.m.:Ā  Houston at Boston

4:00 p.m.:Ā  Washington at Chicago

7:00 p.m.:Ā  Cleveland at New York

10:00 p.m.:Ā  Los Angeles at Arizona

Is a rainout likely in Boston or NY?

Accuweather has a slider/animation (kinda cool!) and they have the rain chance very high but also very drizzly, nothing unplayable. I bet both games get in.

Sox will be done with Rick "Gopher Ball" Porcello going against a team that is so homer-happy.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Is a rainout likely in Boston or NY?

Accuweather has a slider/animation (kinda cool!) and they have the rain chance very high but also very drizzly, nothing unplayable. I bet both games get in.

Sox will be done with Rick "Gopher Ball" Porcello going against a team that is so homer-happy.

When I looked at the NYC forecast about an hour ago, it showed a high likelihood of rain throughout the day, but tapering off in mid-evening.Ā  I'm guessing that it might be delayed but not canceled. I like that slider/animation effect as well!

On 10/7/2017 at 8:54 AM, ghost of miles said:

At least it was a hell of a battle, and I'd call it a moral victory if NY could somehow take both games at home. Even if that were to happen, very little chance that Kluber would be so off again in a potential game 5 at Cleveland.

Moral victory achieved!Ā  I still give Cleveland great odds to take the final game at home, but at least NY's bullpen will be rested (and what a performance by Kahnle tonight after Betances quickly showed that he didn't have it in the 8th... whew! Also an excellent outing from Severino after his wild-card disaster). All down to Wednesday night now.