2017 MLB Facts, Lies, Propaganda, Opinions, & Pictures

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AL West was also imbalanced in terms of time zones. That was mentioned as well during all the chattr. Travl, TV times, etc. Plus, more Rangers/Astros games, "regional rivalry". Although this year, HAHAHAHA! Astros took the Silver Boot and are kicking everybody's ass with it. good to see that, looking forward to the Rangers return to competitiveness at some point. Until then, though, I do have some Astolove inside me still/.

8141797_orig.jpg7413485_orig.jpg

houston_astros_retro_65_70_8_35225.jpg

EPSON187_20130818746.jpg

1960_tl.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

8 hours ago, Soulstation1 said:

That article is more than a bit whitewashed. The Astros didn't exactly "volunteer" to move to the AL. The team was up for sale in 2011, and owner Drayton McLane had agreed on a price with prospective owner Jim Crane. MLB had leverage in that they had to approve any sale, so the Astros' sale was made contingent on moving to the AL. Crane wasn't happy about this, and the upshot was that he wound up with what was said to be a $70 million discount on the sale price in return for accepting the move, the cost of which was supposedly split between McLane and MLB. 

Some of this is mentioned a bit further down in the comments. 

How about Adrian Gonzalez, vacationing in Europe while his "mates" try to win a World Series?

WTF is THAT?

Whatever happened to supporting your teammates? What about experiencing a World Series, even if you can't participate? He's never sniffed a World Series in his life and he bailed on the team before the playoffs?

I suspected he was an asshole when he was with the Red Sox and this confirms it. And the Dodgers are on the hook for another year at $22mil or so.

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I read that wasn’t true and that he’s at the game. 

Maybe he high-tailed it back after the bad publicity. What I read said was that he got permission from the team to start his vacation. Didn't seemed based on a "Hey I don't think I've seen Gonzalez in the dugout, so I'm gonna stir up some shit and invent the rest".