R.I.P. Laugh-In Star Chelsea Brown 1947-2017

This is very sad. Ms Brown was a very big presence on the TV and entertainment seen over here in Australia when I was younger. I often wondered what happened to her. Many African American entertainers came over here in The Seventies to be in Stage shows and theatre and often stayed or became citizens. Sammy Davis jr also had a special relationship with Australia and was here constantly. Great memories of great people and artists. Here are a few moments from time!!!

Are the women the only survivors from Laugh-In now?  Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Ruth Buzzi and JoAnne Worley.  I think all the main men from the show have passed on.  Maybe Arte Johnson is still alive.  And I guess Moosie Drier must be alive because he was just a kid when he was on the show in its later seasons

1 hour ago, duaneiac said:

Are the women the only survivors from Laugh-In now?  Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Ruth Buzzi and JoAnne Worley.  I think all the main men from the show have passed on.  Maybe Arte Johnson is still alive.  

He is, and at 88 is the oldest surviving cast member.

http://www.wa-wd.com/list.asp?list=Armlaughin

1 hour ago, Dave Garrett said:

He is, and at 88 is the oldest surviving cast member.

http://www.wa-wd.com/list.asp?list=Armlaughin

Wow -- Arte Johnson was already 39 by the time Laugh-In went on the air.  I was a kid then, so everybody seemed old to me, but he didn't seem that old!

That list you linked to is an odd collection.  I wouldn't consider Sammy Davis Jr.to have been a regular cast member of the show.  A frequent guest, maybe.  Actual cast members like Larry Hovis, Dave Madden, Jeremy Lloyd, Teresa Graves, Johnny Brown (still alive and 79 according to Wikipedia), and Moosie Drier (still alive and 52) aren't even mentioned.  I thought Paul Winchell was a cast member for a while as well.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:37 AM, duaneiac said:

Wow -- Arte Johnson was already 39 by the time Laugh-In went on the air.  I was a kid then, so everybody seemed old to me, but he didn't seem that old!

That list you linked to is an odd collection.  I wouldn't consider Sammy Davis Jr.to have been a regular cast member of the show.  A frequent guest, maybe.  Actual cast members like Larry Hovis, Dave Madden, Jeremy Lloyd, Teresa Graves, Johnny Brown (still alive and 79 according to Wikipedia), and Moosie Drier (still alive and 52) aren't even mentioned.  I thought Paul Winchell was a cast member for a while as well.

Yeah, that site is normally a good resource for questions like this, but in this case the cast member list is a bit of a patchwork. I can overlook that, since as far as I know the site has been built and maintained by one guy as a hobby.