Donde Esta, Bev Stapleton?

JSngry

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I retired a couple of years ago but still do a little work for a client, just to keep the juices flowing.  

Good move - I will probably do the same when the time comes, if nothing else but to keep me in LPs and CDs. :D

Edited by sidewinder

• 9 months later...

I'm about 3-4 year out from retirement and have to say that I dread the day that I leave my job.  I am the Director of Pharmacy Services for a  hospital system in Western New York State.  I started in the same system 40 years ago as a pharmacy intern and have worked my way up to the position I now occupy.

As leader of our system, I'm doing tons of things I never thought possible - putting pharmacists in our Emergency Departments, starting Pharmacy Residency Programs, placing Clinical Pharmacists in clinics in under served areas, starting antimicrobial stewardship programs bringing all sorts of new technology to manage our inventory and increase the efficiency of our medication dispensing systems. 

Years of establishing a reputation and earning credibility have given me opportunities I never thought possible for someone like myself.  I am loving every minute of my job and knowing that it is coming to an end saddens me.  Not sure what I'll do after retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

I retired several years and enjoy every single second of it. I travel a good deal and have plenty of time to listen to and read about the music, see movies, hang with friends, and sometimes do nothing at all. I do volunteer on several boards, but they don't require too much time. BIG fan of retirement!

gregmo