NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still not convinced the Raptors are going to the final. Home game, they blow the lead and need double OT for the win against an ice cold Giannis. Plus, it looks like Leonard's leg is bothering him. We'll see, but I have the Bucks in six.

8 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

They, among other things, missed an obvious offensive goal tend that should have gone against Toronto.

Plus, they had to overturn a shot clock violation because they missed the ball hitting the rim. I thought offensive interference was a reviewable call, even watching on tv, I thought the hand touched the ball over the rim -- but nothing done. Like I said: Interesting

39 minutes ago, Brad said:

I didn’t see the whole game so I’m sure you’re right but there will always be calls that people are not happy with in any sport; just part of the game. 

Basketball has got to be the toughest sport to referee, as has often been said, you can call a foul on every play.

Things were looking kind of bleak for the Raptors, but the rest of the team stepped it up in Games 5 and 6.  I didn't think they would pull it off, and it's quite impressive that they did reel off 4 straight wins against the Bucks. 

I don't think their chances against the Warriors are great, but they did beat them in the regular series (or the warm up games as Kawhi calls them) and they do have home court advantage, so I suppose it's possible...

Nice game by Toronto, showed what a good team it is. As for the finals, if they don't win the first two games in Toronto, then I don't think they have a chance, as I can't see the Warriors losing the games in Oakland, which will be the last ones there before they move to San Francisco next year. 

55 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

I'm done. I can't stand seeing Drake act like an idiot. I won't be watching.

I understand why you won’t be watching although it’s probably more unhappiness that your team was so close. I don’t blame you as I’ve been in that position. 

Drake reminds me of a crazy fan we used to call Red from my college days. GW used to play at Ft Myers back in the early 70s and the fans were very close to the action. Red would be inches from the ref’s or players’ ears, screaming at them. To their credit, they never acknowledged him. You could never get away with that today.