NBA playoffs thread

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

I understand why you won’t be watching although it’s probably more unhappiness that your team was so close. I don’t blame you as I’ve been in that position. 

Drake reminds me of a crazy fan we used to call Red from my college days. GW used to play at Ft Myers back in the early 70s and the fans were very close to the action. Red would be inches from the ref’s or players’ ears, screaming at them. To their credit, they never acknowledged him. You could never get away with that today. 

An element of truth in what you say. Maybe if it gets to 6 games, I'll change my mind & watch. One of my best friends loves the Warriors.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

I'm done. I can't stand seeing Drake act like an idiot. I won't be watching.

I get what you're saying. Spike Lee made the Knicks unwatchable for me. At least Jack Nicholson is chill about things, of course, there's not too much there to get excited about now.

10 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

An element of truth in what you say. Maybe if it gets to 6 games, I'll change my mind & watch. One of my best friends loves the Warriors.

That happened to me with the 88 Mets, who, in my opinion, were the best team that year. Unfortunately, they lost to the Dodgers in 7, a loss that still rankles. I wanted no part of the World Series. 

17 hours ago, ejp626 said:

Things were looking kind of bleak for the Raptors, but the rest of the team stepped it up in Games 5 and 6.  I didn't think they would pull it off, and it's quite impressive that they did reel off 4 straight wins against the Bucks. 

I don't think their chances against the Warriors are great, but they did beat them in the regular series (or the warm up games as Kawhi calls them) and they do have home court advantage, so I suppose it's possible...

The Rockets beat the Warriors in the regular-season series as well, for all the good it did them in the playoffs. Much as I'd like to see someone else win it all, it seems that the Warriors are this decade's version of Jordan's Bulls in the 1990s. 

5 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

The Rockets beat the Warriors in the regular-season series as well, for all the good it did them in the playoffs. Much as I'd like to see someone else win it all, it seems that the Warriors are this decade's version of Jordan's Bulls in the 1990s. 

I agree it is quite unlikely the Raptors can pull it off, but they do play very good defense, and we'll just have to see how it goes.

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

First game for the Raptors. Mighty Marc Gasol, colossal Siakam, good Kawhi... while Curry reaches his 100th triple in the Finals, first player ever. Cousin was not a factor in this game. Let’s see when/if Durantula returns.

Durantula 😂 ....

One of several beautiful things during LeBron's run in Cleveland was his (and by extension the Cavs') complete ownership of the Raptors at playoff time. This included renaming the Canadian town "LeBronto". One nice feature of this was LeBron just completing snuffing out Drake -- Drake just didn't matter.

As annoying as Drake may be, I'm not sure who I'd root for in Drake v. Draymond. I'm pretty sure it would be Drake.

6 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Raptors couldn't have played worse for the last two minutes...

Seventh game is key: if Raptors do not manage to close the deal and win the championship in Oakland, Warriors might steal the show in the last game.

When the champs are down and the corpse shaking, you have to put the dagger through. They didn't do that.  The Raptors and the fans were so close they could taste it but they couldn't bring it home. Maybe the enormity of the moment got to them.  I can't see that happening again. 

Tough for GSW w all the injuries, but no asterisks in the long run. Unless we also put one on 2015. Before the finals started, I feared a lot of blowouts one way or the other. Fortunately, several interesting games. Curious who will pay max dollars to have Kevin or Klay sit for a year, and if there is any chance KD remains a Warrior.

4 hours ago, Patrick said:

Tough for GSW w all the injuries, but no asterisks in the long run. Unless we also put one on 2015. Before the finals started, I feared a lot of blowouts one way or the other. Fortunately, several interesting games. Curious who will pay max dollars to have Kevin or Klay sit for a year, and if there is any chance KD remains a Warrior.

I read they plan to offer max contracts to both. No asterisks maybe but did the best team win? Don't believe they did.  In the future people will say Raptors were the champs but.... That but will always be there. 

• 2 weeks later...