The best dressed man in jazz.

Hardbopjazz

Roy was official, though! Made the 1960 Esquire Best-Dressed Man in America list!

http://www.newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/george-frazier-best-dressed-american-men-1960/

ROY HAYNES — The thiry-five-year-old jazz percussionist belongs on any best-dressed list if only because of his taste in selecting clothes that flatter his short stature (five feet, three and a half inches). His suits are custom made (around $125 each) by the Andover Shop in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Buster looks sharp, though. I envy anybody who can pull of a yellow accent like that. I think there was a Von Freeman Steeplechase album where he was wearing a yellow tie, and I was  seriously like, "oh hell yeah von, POP that yellow!" I can do it, my skin tone is too light for that palate to be happy.

I wonder if Buster and Roscoe swap tips on where to go for the good ties?

If it´s Buster William´s day, I´d prefer to discuss him.

He´s one of my favourites, period.

And I love his sound, his drive behind the band and his tricky solos.

One of the most interesting listening experiences I had with Buster was one occasion when he played the second, the regular bass in Ron Carter´s group. You know, Ron on piccolo bass, Kenny Barron on piano, Buster Williams on double bass and Ben Riley.

And with all respect I have for Mr. Carter and I´ll never say else than he´s one of the greatests bassists after Paul Chambers, that piccolo stuff was something that got a bit too much routine.

And there was Buster Williams and at one point he had his bass solo and everybody agreed that this was the stuff of the evening.

And Buster together with Al Foster (one of my favourites), a dream team. I think if one can have the luck to play with Buster an Al behind him, it must be heaven on earth.

I can´t praise him enogh, he is a master !

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

If it´s Buster William´s day, I´d prefer to discuss him.

Buster together with Al Foster (one of my favourites), a dream team. I think if one can have the luck to play with Buster an Al behind him, it must be heaven on earth.

I can´t praise him enogh, he is a master !

AMEN ....

• 6 months later...