Flip Phillips "Your Place Or Mine?" on CD

thirdtry

JUM1210Lg.jpg

Available on CD for the first time, "Your Place Or Mine?" by Flip Phillips. Best remembered for his tenor saxophone playing with Norman Granz’Jazz at the Philharmonic from 1946 to 1957 Flip Phillips was a giant of a jazz artist. Phillips moved to Florida in 1954 where aside from occasional tours he was content to play locally in semiretirement. This 1963 duet recording with guitarist Dell Staton was one of only 2 albums Phillips made in the almost 20 years period after JATP.

1. Come Rain or Come Shine 4:29  

2. Ja Da 3:34  

3. Just Say I Love Her 3:23  

4. Talk of the Town 3:54  

5. Summertime 2:35  

6. Nuages 3:09  

7. Scatterbrain 1:42  

8. Chloe 4:55  

9. Moonlight In Vermont 4:30

10. Jazz Me Blues 2:45

11. Stars Fell on Alabama 3:20

12. With Someone New 2:56

13. Gone with the Wind 2:49 

Coming June 16th.

http://www.cityhallrecords.com/cgi-bin/movits.cgi?cmd=displayrec&wdata=1000120842&wfilename=/home/cityhall/public_html/databases/ItemsTable.txt&prefile=/home/cityhall/public_html/templates/database/itemdbpage.html&fieldsfile=/home/cityhall/public_html/templates/database/null.html&postfile=/home/cityhall/public_html/templates/database/null.html

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RHSM7V/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GW3WTOB57QL6&coliid=IDM7CRD3WU1AZ

2 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

Actually Flip recorded many times after the JATP days. He has CDs on Verve, Arbors, Chiaroscuro ,Gemini and perhaps some other labels in his later years.

I also found this misleading but if you read carefully...

"This 1963 duet recording with guitarist Dell Staton was one of only 2 albums Phillips made in the almost 20 years period after JATP. "

this refers to 1957 to 1977 so that it seems to be at least more or less correct.

• 2 weeks later...