Can Anyone Help me Identify an Electronic "Classical" PIece?

Heard this on the radio in the early 1990s.

It runs about 20 or 30 minutes.

Here is how it works:

A synthesizer or oscillator of some sort is set on a slow, steady upward glissando from the lowest note you can hear to the highest note you can hear.  The span from lowest to highest note slowly occurs over the entire duration of the piece.

As soon as the glissando instrument hits the midway point between two pitches, another synthesizer anticipates the next pitch.  So, when the glissando is in the cracks between C and C#, the other is hitting the C#.  As the glissando approaches the target note, you hear the speed of the vibrations slow down.  Eventually, they meet on C#.  Then the glissando passes C#.  When it gets to the midway point, the other keyboard hits a D.  As the glissando approaches the D, you hear the speed of the vibrations slow down.  Eventually, they meet on D.  The glissando passes D...

And so on…

This continues until the pitches reach the fringe of our hearing range.

I have looked for this piece for a long time.  I hope someone knows what this is.   It is an incredibly hypnotic experience

Apologies if my description is vague.