Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

3 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Well, I think because most of those who will purchase the Benedetti set now, will do so as an impulse buy. The real Bird lovers have bought theirs a long time ago.

So by that logic, we should ignore the fact that I own every authorized/legitimate Charlie Parker recording made available, yet I am a fraud bc I waited until yesterday to acquire Benedetti?

Um. Ok.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not ordinarily into "out" or avant garde things, but this drama did cause me to order the rapidly disappearing Threadgill Air set (shipped) and the Clifford Jordan set. Whether that one will ship or not, we'll just have to see. As another poster wrote, if I get it, great, if not....  But I'm an unqualified Mosaic fan. I *really* don't want to see the label go.

gregmo

3 hours ago, ElginThompson said:

So by that logic, we should ignore the fact that I own every authorized/legitimate Charlie Parker recording made available, yet I am a fraud bc I waited until yesterday to acquire Benedetti?

Um. Ok.

Get off your high horse, buddy.  Jeez. :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I don't know how many sets I have, but it's not 125.

Does anyone have every single set they've issued? I want to see the photos of your hoard.

mosaicsth.jpg

Just ordered (from Jazzmessengers) the Eddie Condon box. Now I have them all.

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

Bullshit, Scott. I didn't call anyone a fraud.

I've known you were a troll for some time, but it's nice to see confirmation. 

Impulse buyers vs "real" Bird lovers. 

So, if they're not "real" they're...? 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

mosaicsth.jpg

Just ordered (from Jazzmessengers) the Eddie Condon box. Now I have them all.

That is quite impressive, Fred! Some SERIOUS money sitting on those shelves. :) 

Just heard from Scott Wenzel at Mosaic.  Apparently, the Savoy set will be reprinted later this month.  So if any of you are interested in this, you should put in an order with Mosaic rather than searching for it at other places.

1 hour ago, Bol said:

Just heard from Scott Wenzel at Mosaic.  Apparently, the Savoy set will be reprinted later this month.  So if any of you are interested in this, you should put in an order with Mosaic rather than searching for it at other places.

That's actually good news. I wonder if the concerted effort over the last couple of days has thrown them a lifeline? 

*fingers crossed* 

I'd love to know what their sales numbers look like post-email/social media blitz. 

5 hours ago, gmonahan said:

I'm not ordinarily into "out" or avant garde things, but this drama did cause me to order the rapidly disappearing Threadgill Air set (shipped) and the Clifford Jordan set. Whether that one will ship or not, we'll just have to see. As another poster wrote, if I get it, great, if not....  But I'm an unqualified Mosaic fan. I *really* don't want to see the label go.

gregmo

I don't think you're alone. I also ordered the Clifford Jordan set. Still on the fence re:Threadgill. Have a couple of his Novus cds, might listen to them. It's been years.

Very glad I got the Woody Shaw Muse set from Jazz Messengers as soon as the news broke. Excellent set, at least the first five discs. The penultimate session recorded by Rudy Van Gelder sounds especially thin. But the pre-Columbia albums are all great music. No complaints.

I have come to the conclusion that Ahmad Jamal is not my thing. And the Benedetti set, well, I don't think I listen to Bird often enough to justify spending €125 on it.

Edited by erwbol

4 hours ago, ElginThompson said:

Indeed, a must have set. Amazing.

Ok You guys have convinced me.  Just ordered it.   (The Threadgill, that is.  Elgin is referring to B. Frank's post but somehow when I hit quote it only brings up Elgin's reply.) 

Edited by medjuck

So I see the MJQ box is backordered, but says it is expected to be available again in May (presumably 2017).

Given the current situation, is it touch and go (at best, and probably extremely iffy), or is there any chance it could become available again?

(In other words, am I just SOL on that one?)