Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

12 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

Hahaha...jewel cases can indeed be maddening. Although I had zero issue with my Benedetti set.

But, I will take jewel cases all day long over the cardboard sleeves some companies started using. Sometimes those things would be so tight I swore I was going to have to extricate the disc by employing a pair of scissors! 

Ha ha! That, too - but an easier problem to fix if the industry wanted to. Also sleeves take up less space on the shelf - a YUUUGE plus! :g

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really enjoying the Bee Hive box I got on Wednesday. Have spun about 60% of it (discs 3-4, & 6-10), and everything so far has been a very solid 7/10, with a couple albums closer to 8/10.

A very consistent set, with a number of real winners. Anyone interested but on the fence, I'd suggest going for it.

1 hour ago, Hardbopjazz said:

I placed my order the day after Mosaic sent the email that they are having problems. Other than an email "Thanks for you order," I haven't received an email about shipping. Are any others here waiting for their orders?  

I'm in the same position re the Threadgill set. Last thing I heard was an email indication that the shipping confirmation would follow . It never did ,......      

On May 4th I ordered Getz - received notice that it's been forwarded to the warehouse. Nothing yet stating the warehouse has shipped. Another order took a few days before I received the "forwarded to warehouse" notice.

In both cases, because the email had the header Mosaic Records Shipping Notification and sported an all-caps TOTAL ORDER SHIPPED I thought these emails were telling me my orders were on their way...until I checked again because of your comment.

The intermediate (and slightly misleading) notification is unnecessary. I don't care that it's been sent to a warehouse. The email goes on to say it may be another week before it's off in my general direction.

They're extra busy - I wouldn't worry about it just give it an extra fortnight to get to you. 

:: :: For what it's worth I ordered the Armstrong All Stars vinyl from Jazz Messengers on the 4th of May as well - was told it shipped on Monday the 8th - received it four days later on Friday - total time of 6 business days - double boxed and packaged like it was a mail-order baby. Mosaic needs some of that mojo, but I love 'em anyway.

Edited by WarpedOrb

Scott emailed me today that they are temporarily out of the Fitzgerald Webb set, in case anyone else besides me is waiting on the set.  They're expecting it in approximately two weeks. 

The set is also on the Running Low list. 

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

Anybody heard whispers about the Goodman set coming back around?

No but in the catalog page sets on backorder have two designations. With or without month when the set is expected back in stock. The sets with a specific month are most likely to return to the catalog. Alas the Goodman is so far without a specific month. About the Goodman set there was not so much fuss as there was about the JPJ or the Clifford Jordan sets. But for those who do not yet have the Goodman set set I hope it returns to the catalog.

6 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

I placed my order the day after Mosaic sent the email that they are having problems. Other than an email "Thanks for you order," I haven't received an email about shipping. Are any others here waiting for their orders?  

I placed an order on May 4th, and got the "forwarded to warehouse" notice on May 14th.  Received the Mulligan LP set today.  I thought they were going to wait to ship it with the MJQ, but that wasn't the case.  I'd also ordered the Mingus.

I have to say, the boxes for the vinyl sets are much nicer than they look in the photos on the website.  

2 hours ago, miles65 said:

No but in the catalog page sets on backorder have two designations. With or without month when the set is expected back in stock. The sets with a specific month are most likely to return to the catalog. Alas the Goodman is so far without a specific month. About the Goodman set there was not so much fuss as there was about the JPJ or the Clifford Jordan sets. But for those who do not yet have the Goodman set set I hope it returns to the catalog.

That makes sense. This is one that I don't really "need" to have. But I'd rather have it than not have it, I guess. There's enough on there that I don't yet have for that. None of it's essential to me, though. But you know. Save The Children and all that, I've got an order in if it comes back.

6 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

I placed an order for the Woody Shaw Muse set last Wednesday. I received an email from Mosaic on Sunday stating they wont have it shipped till next week because of the heavy order demands. I'm ok with that. I also made a point of updating my mailing address since my address has changed from the last time I ordered from them.  I'm also thinking of getting the Savoy and Beehive sets although I will wait till the Shaw set arrives.

I got an e-mail which said (amongst other things):

We had a very strong response to our offerings over the last few days and want to thank you for your support!

Please note that we are behind in shipping and we expect to ship your order in the 5 - 7 days.

1 hour ago, medjuck said:

I got an e-mail which said (amongst other things):

We had a very strong response to our offerings over the last few days and want to thank you for your support!

Please note that we are behind in shipping and we expect to ship your order in the 5 - 7 days.

Unpleasant!!

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

For what it's worth: I didn't get any shipping notice whatsoever on my recent order. But I got it fine. It took a little more than 2 weeks to arrive. 

That was about my same experience getting the Bee Hive set a couple weeks ago - about 2 weeks and maybe a day or two. Didn't get a shipping notice per se, but I think I did get an email to the effect that it was in the shipping dept's hands and that it would ship in 5-7 days.

If their communication isn't 100%, especially with this influx of orders, no great worry far as I'm concerned.

I'm just glad they're getting enough increased business that they're kind of backed up in shipping for a change.

No shipping notice, though Scott Wendell answered my email and told me when he thought my order was shipping. It arrived in 6 days (today), though the fulfillment house substituted an Armstrong and a Condon boxed set in place of the single CDs I ordered to go with the Dean Benedetti collection of Charlie Parker. I guess the shippers really were "in the weeds."

Speaking of bad translations, etc., I once contacted a Japanese label which booted some Capitol recordings of Nat King Cole, even using some that had overdubs added at a later date. The label owner really took offense, but it was clear from Nat King Cole's discography what this incompetent fool had done. To top it off, the music was dubbed off some worn reissue LPs, not the masters.

1 hour ago, Ken Dryden said:

No shipping notice, though Scott Wendell answered my email and told me when he thought my order was shipping. It arrived in 6 days (today), though the fulfillment house substituted an Armstrong and a Condon boxed set in place of the single CDs I ordered to go with the Dean Benedetti collection of Charlie Parker. I guess the shippers really were "in the weeds."

And that's the kind of Old School Lovable Analog World Screw-Up that will have your business on the Last Chance List if it happens too often...like when they sent me a Pendulum Select instead of an Akioshi/Tabackin. They told me to keep the Pendulum at no charge, but I think I insisted on paying for it, because, you know, shit ain't free, and I'm not somebody in the promotional/distributional lane/chain, so that's not my prerogative. But I was like, geez, guys take my money in return for merchandise, please, and they were like, no, no it's ok, and now we're all like, yeah, well, nice while it lasted, etc. shame that had to happen.

I mean, I know I need to get paid, I don't know about anybody else, but I need to get paid. #niceworkifyoucanavoidit