Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

1 hour ago, WarpedOrb said:

So where do the hundreds of young women doing shuffle dancing on Youtube fit in? They seem to use some electronically altered jazz...'beats' as the youngsters call them.

Different scene. The "electroswing" nonsense came out of EDM and the house world, as far as I can tell. Every serious lindy hopper (swing dancer) that I've talked to hates the stuff--it doesn't swing. (Trev, care to chime in? Maybe you disagree.)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I wonder what percentage of Mosaic's sales goes to libraries? All respectable universities libraries should have many of its releases. 

They should, but many college libraries, in particular, have suffered horrific cuts in their acquisitions budgets over the last decade.

gregmo

4 hours ago, Don Brown said:

I just got a notice about the Jordan set as well. Scott says that they're behind in shipping and that it will likely be another week before it actually gets into the mail.

Me three! I wasn't sure I'd ever see that one.

gregmo

Scott seems quite busy but also is quite helpful.  Leave him a message and he'll call back.

I placed an order recently and received it sooner than I expected. 

I'm not sure what most people are accustomed to in terms of service for mail orders, but Mosaic has been exemplary in that respect over the years. 

4 hours ago, jazztrain said:

Scott seems quite busy but also is quite helpful.  Leave him a message and he'll call back.

I placed an order recently and received it sooner than I expected. 

I'm not sure what most people are accustomed to in terms of service for mail orders, but Mosaic has been exemplary in that respect over the years. 

Not according to many accounts posted here. Even my recent shipment had me sending an email two weeks later to find out if it had been shipped, and if there were a tracking number for it. 

I'm not sure what you're accustomed to, but no shipping information two weeks later is not good service, for ANY company. So hat in hand apologies aren't really helpful here. 

The assumption that at this point Mosaic gives even half a damn about even appearing to be desirous of creating the illusion be in a forward-leaning momentum business model profile is, shall we say, at best....delusional?

imo, of course.

Really, I think they were ready to liquidate, hang it up, and go off someplace else. No doubt they're "surprised" by the volume of people who want to get it NOW before it's ALL gone, but if they were really that, uh, desperate, they'd have planned for this and hired temps or nephews or drove down to the corner and picked up a day laborer or two. That's how people who really want to move shit towards Done do.

Quite apart from that...

FqgDBpC_.jpg

5 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I have had a couple of email queries to Scott in the last few weeks and he has answered promptly and very helpfully. Can the 'critics' kindly wind their damn necks in and give the man some respect ! 

Agreed. I can't stand or understand all this egocentric moaning. Give them a break !!

Get the fuck over it. They are business people, not personal friends. 

If any of you fearless defenders were to order from ANY other company and not receive any shipping information after two weeks time, my money says you'd never use that company ever again. 

So save you moral outrage and apologies, because NONE of us are even going that far. We're just noting existing issues. 

I also don't understand these critical attitudes and all the "market logic" and "customer" talk. They are people in a small to very small business and everybody agrees on the importance of what they have put out. I believe one should recognize that and let them the time to think things over adjust and adapt in the best way for them and the rest of us.

Edited by OliverM