Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

Received weekly e-mail today, subject line 

Free Shipping - Get Before Gone

FS on $50 domestic US until 10/1, international/Canada shipping claimed reduced (I didn't read the fine print). Buying opportunity, but looking more and more like a liquidation.

Edited by T.D.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

Received weekly e-mail today, subject line 

Free Shipping - Get Before Gone

FS on $50 domestic US until 10/1, international/Canada shipping claimed reduced (I didn't read the fine print). Buying opportunity, but looking more and more like a liquidation.

Yep, thinking of the Armstrong live set #257. What's the board take on this one?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation, even before the announced problems I had been buying all the sets I wanted and there was nothing in print that I needed to purchase. I may get a set or two as Xmas presents when the present-deciding and -buying season begins. . . or may not. . . we'll see. I wish Mosaic well, the best really.

5 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

This thread i(and Mosaic???)is  dying......c'mon now,....let's lively things up around here and keep this thread(and Mosaic) alive.....I placed an order Friday.....got it Tuesday ....good for me, but it could be a sign that sales have slowed down to a trickle again(free shipping promotion not withstanding)  Looks like the pump needs priming again.

I was planning on ordering the Clifford Jordan during the stampede, but ran into a bunch of home and auto repair expenses that wiped out the CD budget. My birthday is coming up in October, so maybe I can use that (or related gift certificate) to justify a purchase.

6 hours ago, mr jazz said:

Just did my bit (once again) and purchased the Armstrong #257 as it's on the last chance list plus free shipping. Believe it or not, this will be the first Armstrong in my collection. 

The Live set is pretty nice. I opted for a copy of the Decca Sessions (#243) in my latest shipment.

I ordered a couple of the out of print sets (Curtis Fuller, Thad Jones) from bluenotesound on ebay (which I gather is run by one of the Mosaic people). Two essentially brand new boxes with the disks still wrapped showed up in 3 days. Hah.

Might get the Beehive stuff later. I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Tom 1960 said:

Any thoughts on the Modern Jazz Quartet set? Own very little of there stuff. 

I'd recommend to almost anybody. Your ideal rate of consumption might be something to consider before diving in for binge-listening, but, yeah, it's all very good in whatever size dose works best and it will be good to have when you're in the mood for it.